Am I able to drop out of Sixth Form when I have my first A-Level exam tomorrow.

Watch this thread
Ilovecheese998
Badges: 3
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I got all of my GCSEs and I’ve done quite well during sixth form and have never failed a test. However, I’ve decided that I do not want to do my exams. I’m not 18 yet but I wanna start a college course in something I’m actually interested in. I’ve always wanted to be a nurse but I applied to do criminology at uni and I have no idea why. The idea of uni was shoved down my throat and I’ve come to realise it’s not for me. Can I speak to my head of year before my exam begins tomorrow and drop out? I do not want to go through the stress of the exams for no reason when I don’t even need them. I’m really stressed and my mental health has severely declined since year 12 as well as living in a bad situation. If I leave now I can start a course and live in a different part of the country with my boyfriend.
Squiggles1238
Badges: 17
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
Is this something youve thought over, or is it a spur of the moment thought? I completely understand not wanting to go to uni, but if youve spent the last two years preparing for these exams, you may as well sit them. I believe as youve already been entered for the exam, you cant just be withdrawn from them the day before they start. I completely understand your mental health being severely impacted by exam stress. But you not doing them simply because you’ve suddenly decided you dont need them seems like a bad idea. Its much better to just sit them and get qualifications, than to not sit them, have no qualifications and regret it 5 years down the line
Ilovecheese998
Rep:
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by Squiggles1238)
Is this something youve thought over, or is it a spur of the moment thought? I completely understand not wanting to go to uni, but if youve spent the last two years preparing for these exams, you may as well sit them. I believe as youve already been entered for the exam, you cant just be withdrawn from them the day before they start. I completely understand your mental health being severely impacted by exam stress. But you not doing them simply because you’ve suddenly decided you dont need them seems like a bad idea. Its much better to just sit them and get qualifications, than to not sit them, have no qualifications and regret it 5 years down the line
I have definitely thought it over. I wanted to drop out months ago but I have no idea why I didn’t follow through. I’m on the verge of being kicked out by my family. I might as well wait until they’ve kicked me out so I have a reason to not have sat them lol.
Squiggles1238
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Ilovecheese998)
I have definitely thought it over. I wanted to drop out months ago but I have no idea why I didn’t follow through. I’m on the verge of being kicked out by my family. I might as well wait until they’ve kicked me out so I have a reason to not have sat them lol.
hopefully someone else can post on this and offer you better advice than I have, but I really would recommend taking them, unless you have a reason which makes it so hard for you to sit your exams its literally debilitating
Your teacher will most likely advise you sit your exams too
jennaa21
Badges: 13
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
I think you should definitely speak to your head of year about this and explain your problem, in my opinion I think you should sit the exam but not go to uni because if you've been working towards these exams for the last two year you may as well sit them ya know. But obviously it's up to you just make sure you speak to your head of year about it because you've already been entered to sit your exams so you can't just not show up. Best of luck to you!
mystudentlife
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
There’s never enough qualifications!
You’ve been through these 2 years why not just push for the last bit and then go to ur college course. Ofc ur choice but yh
Squiggles1238
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by mystudentlife)
There’s never enough qualifications!
You’ve been through these 2 years why not just push for the last bit and then go to ur college course. Ofc ur choice but yh
completely agree with this, plus this will be one of the last chances you will have to obtain qualifications that you havent had to pay for!
SagaciousSag
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
You've done all the work. You don't have to go to uni, but you really should put it to use by sitting the exams and getting an additional qualification. GCSEs won't be enough in a few years.
Highover
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
You need to speak seriously (no drama) to the real adults in your life.
Not taking your exams would be foolish at this stage. You will always have a two year gap on your cv that would need explaining.
Only go to uni to do a course you want to do. Criminology might be interesting, but is a waste of time - doesn’t lead to a career.
Don’t move out with your boyfriend.
Don’t let him influence your future career plans. He’ll probably be well off the scene in a few years. Is he in a position to support you? You will be isolated away from home. What if he dumps you or you want to dump him?
One step at a time. First step - sit the exams
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Were exams easier or harder than you expected?

Easier (62)
27.31%
As I expected (71)
31.28%
Harder (86)
37.89%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (8)
3.52%

Watched Threads