Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by QuantumTheory)
    Men survive. Fullstop.
    It leaves into the bladder anyway, if it's there for too long...
    WTF? The bladder? I didnt realise people knew so little. If its been a while you may j-off to get rid of a bit of sexual fustration, otherwise it gets released every so often in wet dreams.

ReputationRep:
    Well the thing is that if sack-emptying isnt carried out manually, after a while the body takes over and ejects the contents automatically.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Double Agent)
    WTF? The bladder? I didnt realise people knew so little. If its been a while you may j-off to get rid of a bit of sexual fustration, otherwise it gets released every so often in wet dreams.
    Really really not true.
    Some men can not ejaculate, instead the semen is redirected straight to the bladder, Google Retrograde Ejaculation
    Same thing if you hold your penis closed (yes, people can do it), then it gets forced back up and your pee's cloudy for the next few days.
    YARLY

ReputationRep:
    Well you learn something new everyday.

ReputationRep:
    I went two months without sex or masturbation. When I finally gave in, I had the best **** ever. I rubbed like three out in one go. An hour later, I had to rub another one out. But I'll never do it again. It's just not worth the pain and suffering.

ReputationRep:
    + 1 month and I start to go nuts.

ReputationRep:
    I don't think there's any physical necessesity. But it can really mess with your head if you go too long without it. I guess you could train yourself to go without, but I don't see the point.

ReputationRep:
    Wet dreams, like.

Useful, at times.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ghost)
    There is an autonomous regulation of sperm production, based on the current levels of sperm present. Basiclaly, if you haven't fapped off in awhile, the production of sperm will slow as there will be no demand.
    It's sperm economics! :yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bubbles*de*Milo)
    I know... and I replied that it's not
    Either you've had a sex change, you're BSing, or you have a degree related in some way to physiology. Which is it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Glutamic Acid)
    Well, tell you the truth, there's a guy I know who can go for ages. Once a year in fact he empties his sack, it's not that long away. He likes to wear red a lot, and especially likes to empty his sack to children.
    haha that last bit actually got me I did a double take and then check the number of warnings you got! :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    I've never had a wet dream, even though I started masturbating quite late, I guess the body has ways of getting rid of old semen anyway, besides, sperm can't live that long right? So it must get replaced quite often.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by whitepearlbaby)
    Well men do have to do that from time to time, otherwise there's too much semen and the balls start hurting.
    .... that's not even close to true...

As others have said, the answer is a) when you stop masturbating/having sex for a while the body reduces sperm production, b) some of it is excreted through urine and c) that's what wet dreams are for.

ReputationRep:
    yeah its a necessity but if they dont do it after a while it does it by itself in their sleep

ReputationRep:
    after about 3 weeks, you start getting random aching erections at any time of day. that's usually a sign to empty the sacks, lol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Is this something men need to do regularly?
    If they'd hope to avoid prostate cancer then yes.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bubbles*de*Milo)
    Rofl...

It's not 'necessary' by any means.

well it is, it starts to hurt after a few days.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by whitepearlbaby)
    Well men do have to do that from time to time, otherwise there's too much semen and the balls start hurting. But you don't actually have to have sex to relieve your pressure

There's other ways for them
    Lol it's quite amusing that people actually believe this. Maybe it's due to girls being told ******** by their boyfriends so they actually believe the crap they're told.

There is a condition where your balls hurt and it's called "blue balls". It's usually due to being stimulated for too long without any "relief" and has nothing to do with how long it was since you last ejactulated.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RightSaidJames)
    .... that's not even close to true...

As others have said, the answer is a) when you stop masturbating/having sex for a while the body reduces sperm production, b) some of it is excreted through urine and c) that's what wet dreams are for.

what about the rest of it?
    For some people including me who produce more than the ammount lost through a,b and c, it does ache after a while.

If I don't do anything about it for a few days I end up 'emptying my sack' in my sleep anyway.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 8, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.