Turn on thread page Beta

Men "emptying their sacks" watch

Please keep anonymous as it's not something I like to talk about all that often!

This seems like an appropriate topic to post this in -- I'm 20 (male obviously) and have never, ever masturbated (not for religious reasons, the thought has always weirded me out). I've always wondered if there are any actual health risks on this? I tried looking it up but it seems like I'm the only male in the history of Earth who has "resisted temptation" if you will =\ could not find any documented cases anyway... any answers would be cool thanks.

ReputationRep:
    I need sack every day, every moment.

ReputationRep:
    I don't want any more bad rep for "bad" advise... thanks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by whitepearlbaby)
    Hey, why would people give me bad rep for that? Thanks a lot...
    Because this place is full of muppets thats why ,who feel slightly better when they give someone a bad rep as in real life they probably get sand kicked in their faces. Don't worry sweetbunz

Now as to the question.Apparently for a healthy prostate it is optimal to masturbate 2-3 times a week. Over doing it can in fact cause problems ,skin chaffing, pain in testicles as can not doing it. It depends on the man.Some men can go without longer than others. I find if I do not empty my sacks at least once a day either manually or with girlfriends help I get pain in the balls.

Prostatitis is in fact more common in military recruits in basic training because of lack of regular fulfilling masturbation.

ReputationRep:
    It's something you can do without, easily enough.

...As long as there are no attractive people around, to make you feel horny.

Women can't be that different. Are you trying to tell me that all those women who go out on Friday and Saturday nights with half of their breasts hanging out, most of their legs showing etc etc etc. aren't looking for male sexual attention?

My attitude is that most people don't get married until they're 30-40. You can either be lonely and frustrated until then, or the time when you do meet a long-term partner, or you can have a bit of fun in the meantime in a way that harms nobody.

There's so much morality and politics that people wrap up with sex and gender, when really it should only be about aestetics. All of the ******** that clouds the issue is preventing many people from having a good time. As long as you wear a condom...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by john1987)
    It's something you can do without, easily enough.

...As long as there are no attractive people around, to make you feel horny.

Women can't be that different. Are you trying to tell me that all those women who go out on Friday and Saturday nights with half of their breasts hanging out, most of their legs showing etc etc etc. aren't looking for male sexual attention?

My attitude is that most people don't get married until they're 30-40. You can either be lonely and frustrated until then, or the time when you do meet a long-term partner, or you can have a bit of fun in the meantime in a way that harms nobody.

There's so much morality and politics that people wrap up with sex and gender, when really it should only be about aestetics. All of the ******** that clouds the issue is preventing many people from having a good time. As long as you wear a condom...
    Hey, I'm not sure if that was the question And... women are a little different because they have no semen to share... But an orgasm makes them happier!

(Original post by Anonymous)
    Please keep anonymous as it's not something I like to talk about all that often!

This seems like an appropriate topic to post this in -- I'm 20 (male obviously) and have never, ever masturbated (not for religious reasons, the thought has always weirded me out). I've always wondered if there are any actual health risks on this? I tried looking it up but it seems like I'm the only male in the history of Earth who has "resisted temptation" if you will =\ could not find any documented cases anyway... any answers would be cool thanks.
    There are no health risks seeing as just about ever male does it...
    You should be doing it in my opinion...
    There is no temptation to resist, its just a natural thing that you are meant to do

ReputationRep:
    Does the body not just break down the dead sperm? I can't imagine that you get rid of all the excess in your sleep, you'd have to wear your pyjama pants everywhere 'cos they'd be stuck to you like glue.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by whitepearlbaby)
    Hey, why would people give me bad rep for that? Thanks a lot...
    I think people negged you because you're wrong, and hence your post is rather misleading. It may be true for some people, but in terms of generalistic statements, it's a pretty ridiculous one to make.

ReputationRep:
    There is no temptation to resist, its just a natural thing that you are meant to do
    I think he is asking if there are any health risks in not doing it.

There is an increased risk of prostate cancer, but I don't know how significant it is.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bubbles*de*Milo)
    Rofl...

It's not 'necessary' by any means.
    psycologically perhaps it is

It is more cannot than will not, unfortunately.

ReputationRep:
    It gets reabsorbed into the body. Your testicles will not explode/turn green/hurt/drop off if you don't release semen.

ReputationRep:
    If you don't, you die (true story)

ReputationRep:
    Wet dreams: you have 'sex' in your dreams, mainly the pillow or by any 'rough' means if you happen to sleep on the floor. Constant pressure builds up until climax; where you explode and it feels like you have a slug in your briefs/boxers.

ReputationRep:
    http://www.farrah.co.uk/template/images/splat_white.png

ReputationRep:
    there must be someone here who can go without it for a week

Im 16, and don't feel the need for sex (I'm still a virgin), but *******'s pretty damn important to me thank you, otherwise I tend to get erections in really awkward situations (like on the train near a pretty girl, which is EXTREMELY embarrassing when I get up to leave! So yes, I'd put it on a par with shelter and food. Anon cos I know ppl on here lolz

(Original post by Charlski)
    It gets reabsorbed into the body. Your testicles will not explode/turn green/hurt/drop off if you don't release semen.
    I don't dispute this, but most men get really horny after a long while of no *******/sex and so we actually do need to release our seed every so often!

ReputationRep:
    i did 40 days and 40 nights with my friends and none of us lasted...

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 8, 2009
Poll
Is the Big Bang theory correct?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.