The Student Room Group

A level chemistry 2022

hey guys, who ever does a level chem,lets use this to help each other out.

Scroll to see replies

Hi! What exam board are you using? I'm doing AQA
Original post by emrex03

same !
Original post by emrex03

how r u feelin about chem ? what grade do u think ull get ? im actually quite worried,i find the q especially the maths ones hard
AQA - I’ve just been doing past papers! WBU?
Original post by Jabberwocky04
AQA - I’ve just been doing past papers! WBU?

i have only just started past papers,today is my first one,because before i was making sure my content is solid,and also doing questions for topics on advanced list.
Yh, been doing past papers as well...I really hope they stick to the advanced notice...
I'm hoping to get an A but I have a feeling I'll get a B
Original post by emrex03
Yh, been doing past papers as well...I really hope they stick to the advanced notice...

ngl same ! every time i do a past paper i never get a solid A for chem, its so scary, the grade boundaries are just so freaking high for chem. idk if u do bio but for bio they are sooo much lower ! i really hope they do coz then we would do soo much better and i hope the grade boundaries are actually lower.
guys do u know if the required practicals that are not on the advanced material will be on the exam or not? coz basically for biology i asked miss estruch and she said that the exam board for biology at least said that the rps will only be the ones on the advanced list. i hope its like that for chem ,because they flippin stress me out.
Original post by emrex03

also what topics are u concered about. for me its the transition metals mainly the equations.
Original post by sunshine11111
also what topics are u concered about. for me its the transition metals mainly the equations.

I’m scared for them too but for all the colours bc there’s just too many to remember
Original post by ayesha_15
I’m scared for them too but for all the colours bc there’s just too many to remember

i learnt majority of transition metal aq ions in like one hour by using quizlet!! so recommend doing that
hey guys, who ever does a level chem,lets use this to help each other out.

Tyy. Do u do timed past papers for any chem and bio or just past papers and exam question practice?
Does anyone do OCR A?

I'm dreading Paper 2 (Organic).:no:
Original post by Sunfish/Squid
Does anyone do OCR A?

I'm dreading Paper 2 (Organic).:no:

yes I do ocr A! I’m the opposite completely dreading paper 1 organic is my stronger point :”) how are u feeling about revision? i feel like there’s still a fair few amount of topics for me to cover so I’m a bit worried
for me its the transition metals mainly the equations.

Yh word same here transition metals is a pain .
Hey has anyone here already done any other Aqa A level or As papers this year for any other subjects?
Just tryna work out if our aqa chem will stick to the advanced information or not
Original post by Mehan56.7
Tyy. Do u do timed past papers for any chem and bio or just past papers and exam question practice?

im doing it timed
Original post by saffira
yes I do ocr A! I’m the opposite completely dreading paper 1 organic is my stronger point :”) how are u feeling about revision? i feel like there’s still a fair few amount of topics for me to cover so I’m a bit worried

Same, I still have majority of module 6 to cover.... not to mention the practicals :indiff: Hopefully I'll finish them for today!

Revision wise I'm hoping to start doing past papers by this weekend. So far I've only done the 2021 papers in college and they were really tough compared to the mocks our teachers made.

How are you finding the advanced info? I only need a B in chem so I'm only going to be focussing on the topics on there but almost everything is on there anyways lol :dontknow:
AQA chem... you guys do whole papers instead of topic questions on advanced info ??

Quick Reply

Latest