The Student Room Group

A level chemistry 2022

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
AQA chem, does anyone have advice for paper 3? Will it only be the required practicals mentioned in the advanced info?
Original post by Sunfish/Squid
Same, I still have majority of module 6 to cover.... not to mention the practicals :indiff: Hopefully I'll finish them for today!

Revision wise I'm hoping to start doing past papers by this weekend. So far I've only done the 2021 papers in college and they were really tough compared to the mocks our teachers made.

How are you finding the advanced info? I only need a B in chem so I'm only going to be focussing on the topics on there but almost everything is on there anyways lol :dontknow:

yeah fr the advanced information really said: the entire spec lol. I’m literally going over everything ahah, I only theoretically need a B too but I would like an A.

yeah the 2021 papers were a bit tricky I did them in school as well :/

as for revision I have the practicals to cover too and most of organic chemistry (I focused on physical because I struggle more with that)
Original post by Lucy.may2
AQA chem... you guys do whole papers instead of topic questions on advanced info ??

first i did topic q then now im doing past papers
guys does anyone know for aqa if the required practicals not listed on advanced material is coming up,because i know that for bio aqa its not.
Original post by sunshine11111
also what topics are u concered about. for me its the transition metals mainly the equations.

yh saaame - transition metals are hard...and having to remember what equation to use and its corresponding colours is so confusing! I'm also dreading paper 2!
Amino acids, proteins & DNA/ required practical 10 are the hardest bits of paper 2 for me, I think
Original post by Cuspake
Amino acids, proteins & DNA/ required practical 10 are the hardest bits of paper 2 for me, I think

me too :frown:
first i did topic q then now im doing past papers

damn ive only been doing topic qs.. do i have enough time to start past papers from half term do you think?
me too :frown:

What's the hardest bit of paper 1 for you?
damn ive only been doing topic qs.. do i have enough time to start past papers from half term do you think?

Yes of course you doo. Its never too late to start. Honestly the topic questions you are doing comes from past papers so dont worry, start doing it from now i say, dont wait until after half term. Id you do past papers, ur practically having the timed feelings as well as the topic questions as well. From past papers u will know what topic ur bad at and what ur good at so then after that u can cover those topics in more depths. Hope that helps :smile:)
Original post by Cuspake
What's the hardest bit of paper 1 for you?

Most probably between transition metals and amount of substance as maths is not my strong point
Original post by Mehan56.7
Yes of course you doo. Its never too late to start. Honestly the topic questions you are doing comes from past papers so dont worry, start doing it from now i say, dont wait until after half term. Id you do past papers, ur practically having the timed feelings as well as the topic questions as well. From past papers u will know what topic ur bad at and what ur good at so then after that u can cover those topics in more depths. Hope that helps :smile:)

Thank you !!
for ppl doing aqa; i did AS physics last week and there was a stupid amount of marks worth for stuff not on the advance info 😭 so i'm going to focus on the advance information but i think it's probably worth at least going over the other practicals/topics briefly :/ i don't trust aqa one bit
Anyone doing ccea?

if i was u i would do both together,so like at least do a past paper a day,so that just incase u have no time ,u have done some. yh but i havent finished the past papers i only did 2020,2019
Original post by lilygbh
for ppl doing aqa; i did AS physics last week and there was a stupid amount of marks worth for stuff not on the advance info 😭 so i'm going to focus on the advance information but i think it's probably worth at least going over the other practicals/topics briefly :/ i don't trust aqa one bit

omg everyone is saying that for physics, was it like 1markers or ... and be honest was it a lot !???
Apparently it was around 15 marks of stuff not on the advanced notice ... Time to revise everything -_-
I did Physics paper 1 yesterday. They mostly stuck to the advanced information but it was a lot more specific than chemistry. The multiple choice did have a lot of questions on stuff that wasn't in the advanced info though, almost like trying to make up for it not being in the main questions. I don't know if chemistry will be the same but i hope this helped.
hey guys, who ever does a level chem,lets use this to help each other out.

I'm not expecting to get a very high grade as the last two years were very difficult for me mentally so I'm just hoping to get a pass. Are there any tips anyone can give me to help me gain some easy marks to help boost my grade a little?
Original post by iniarose268
I'm not expecting to get a very high grade as the last two years were very difficult for me mentally so I'm just hoping to get a pass. Are there any tips anyone can give me to help me gain some easy marks to help boost my grade a little?

i hope your doing a a bit better right now. honestly dont even worry about it, i think all of us in y13 found these 2 years a little bit too much,and some of us also went thru other private things,so i do think the grade boundaries are not gonna be as high as previous years. to really boost ur grade,make sure u know the advanced material content reallyyy well ! because with chem its either u know it or dont, there isnt much application like biology for example. go on allery chemistry and watch all the videos for all the topics on advanced list. hes amazing and youtube is just easier than textbooks ! Good luck !

Quick Reply

Latest