edinburgh uni accommodation

Watch this thread
planetkepi
Badges: 7
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
hi

i've recently decided to firm edinburgh and i've been looking through accommodation options. i want something relatively basic that is very sociable. i was wondering if anyone who has been knows of any places to avoid or any places that are too isolated from other students?

thank you!!
Anonymous #1
Report 1 month ago
hey! if you want a relatively social place then a lot of people will tell you to go to pollock halls. It is the catered accommodation in UoE. A little research of what people say for different accommodations will show you the pros and cons of Pollocks. Many people like it because its sociable and its more of a community feel, however you can't cook your own food, higher prices, and all the ppl there are posh Rah Rah Tories lol. however you get what you make out of every experience. there are a lot of ways to meet new people so you should take every opportunity you can get. Self catered accommodation also has really sociable people and there is a range of housing prices you can choose from. If you want to be close to Pollocks, there are also a lot of selfcatered flats near the place. A really popular self catered accom is Salisbury Court, but its a little bit more on the expensive side.

In terms of places that are very isolated/places to avoid I think Beaverbank is one of them just because they're so far away from all the campuses and you need to take a bus most likely. The distance for the other accommodations are depending on which campus you go to. hope this helped! lmk if u have any more questions
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Does school Maths prepare people well enough for the future?

Yes, it gives everyone a good foundation for any future path (23)
32.86%
Somewhat, if your future involves maths/STEM (32)
45.71%
No, it doesn't teach enough practical life skills (14)
20%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (1)
1.43%

Watched Threads