Girls how do you cope when you are rejected by a guy?

Watch this thread
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Girls, how do you mentally/emotionally deal with being rejected by a guy?

I mean what is your thought process/what do you tell yourself

Or maybe you are too young for it to have happened yet in which case how do you think you will cope when it happens?

Sharing your experiences would be welcome
londonmyst
Badges: 19
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
I have a very long list of dealbreakers myself and am not looking to hookup or find a relationship for the next few years.
It doesn't have much of an affect on me to know that I am incompatible with a guy's dealbreakers or beauty standards.
I always appreciate the warning whenever a guy tries ultimatums, negging, any emotional blackmail, attempts to bait a reaction or makes very derogatory comments about my appearance/background/lifestyle preferences.
RushingRiver
Badges: 16
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Girls, how do you mentally/emotionally deal with being rejected by a guy?

I mean what is your thought process/what do you tell yourself

Or maybe you are too young for it to have happened yet in which case how do you think you will cope when it happens?

Sharing your experiences would be welcome
For me, it always hurts, but I’m kind of numb to it now honestly. It’s happened so much, I just brush it off and try not to be too embarrassed.
If the person I’ve confessed to is still okay with being friends, I tend to really appreciate that, and while it’s hard to keep the feelings at bay, I just remind myself how lucky I am to have such a kind person in my life.
If not - a situation which has unfortunately happened a couple of times this year - it does hurt more. When it happens, I just have to try not to take it personally. It knocks my confidence for a while, but I remind myself that I’ve dated in the past and plenty of people have found me attractive in the past so I can’t be completely undateable - just not their type.

Hope that helps a little. For the record, I’m 15, bisexual, and I pretty much always make the first move, regardless of the other person’s gender.
gracieee16
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
i'm a sensitive person but i rarely catch deep feelings for someone and when i do catch deep feelings the rejection always hits me really bad. it takes me hours to get over, binge eat and cry over. then after a good nights sleep, i'll wake up feeling a bit better and i'll tell myself i'm worth better and i can find someone in my own time and someone who actually genuinely loves me. it hurts a lot but it's life :dong:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Year 12s - where are you at with making decisions about university?

I’ve chosen my course and my university (26)
27.96%
I’ve chosen my course and shortlisted some universities (31)
33.33%
I’ve chosen my course, but not any universities (9)
9.68%
I’ve chosen my university, but not my course (3)
3.23%
I’ve shortlisted some universities, but not my course (5)
5.38%
I’m starting to consider my university options (13)
13.98%
I haven’t started thinking about university yet (4)
4.3%
I’m not planning on going to university (2)
2.15%

Watched Threads