does failing art matter for going into an ok/good collage

Watch this thread
LawOfAviation
Badges: 1
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
so Im failing art really badly but am getting b's in most others and english im getting c's, does failing art matter in the grand scheme of things even if i want to go into a job such as architecture or graphic design or if i want to go into an alright collage
ahjpko
Badges: 13
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
I think you’ll be okay
normaw
Badges: 15
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by LawOfAviation)
so Im failing art really badly but am getting b's in most others and english im getting c's, does failing art matter in the grand scheme of things even if i want to go into a job such as architecture or graphic design or if i want to go into an alright collage
An architecture degree is around 50% design and a creative portfolio of your work is required during the application process. If you're failing art because you don't have the skills, then it is likely to be an issue if you want to take a creative degree. Lots of other careers out there though - just chooses A levels that you enjoy and will do well in.
secretsanta24
Badges: 4
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
you might have to do a foundation course before you get onto an art degree which you can get on easily
secretsanta24
Badges: 4
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
my friend does product design and there is a lot of theory work, I agree and pick something you enjoy! I did a design degree now work at one of the largest banks designing for them!

(Original post by normaw)
An architecture degree is around 50% design and a creative portfolio of your work is required during the application process. If you're failing art because you don't have the skills, then it is likely to be an issue if you want to take a creative degree. Lots of other careers out there though - just chooses A levels that you enjoy and will do well in.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Does school Maths prepare people well enough for the future?

Yes, it gives everyone a good foundation for any future path (39)
32.23%
Somewhat, if your future involves maths/STEM (55)
45.45%
No, it doesn't teach enough practical life skills (26)
21.49%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (1)
0.83%

Watched Threads