I'm scared I won't meet my conditional offer

Watch this thread
Str3ssedL4uren
Badges: 1
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
2022 year 13 here. I didn't do my GCSES, and I did most of my learning remotely and teacherless due to covid and isolating. I want to study nursing at my firm choice and I have no insurance because they never got back to me (Yes, it was Kings College). My conditional offer is BCC and my first exam is psychology, tuesday. I also take english lit and biology. I hate my subjects. i do. i enjoy psychology but I wish I had changed my subjects when I changed my mind about what I wanted to do and done double health and social care. I cannot get a C in either of them I just know it and I'm scared I wont get into my firm. My accommodation isn't with the university it's separate and I've already put down a deposit etc. i know they're going to have to lower grade boundaries and be more lenient to us but i also know that the government and AQA are b****es. if i don't get into my firm I'm going to have to cancel my accommodation which i already would have paid two weeks rent for plus admin fees. my whole family are supporting me in nursing, my aunt got me one of those upside down watches I'm going to disappoint them all. I'm predicting myself a B with lots of hope in psychology, a D in English and E or U in bio. what am i meant to do. if I'm like a grade off will i still get in maybe because of circumstances? they don't offer a foundation year with lower conditions either. stress.
hollyrob123
Badges: 12
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
I’m in the same situation, I’ve been told that if you’re only a grade off then the university might still let you in as there is more space this year due to less people applying bcos of covid. Worst case you resit and take a gap year which isn’t ideal but it will let you get everything in order
Thomasclarke112
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Went looking for a thread on how much lower the grade boundaries would be this year and found other people stressing over a levels lol. My first is econ tommorow and I am stressed my watch says my heart rate is 160! Yikes!! I think we’re all in the same boat just gotta do your best and see what happens I guess. Got a D in my econ mock and need minimum an A to go study law lololol
JustGettinBy
Badges: 12
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Might it be worth emailing or calling the University and asking them? They might have a better, more reassuring answer for you especially when so much is on the line. They MIGHT let you on still with a grade or 2 lower, but that's not guaranteed and for security reasons you should ask them about the circumstances if you don't meet the grades.

The grades aren't just letters and points, they represent your academic capability COVID or no COVID - if you do okay in psychology and pass or fail your other 2 subjects, that doesn't look good when you're applying for degree level work regardless of how the pandemic affected it. My suggestion is ask them directly about it!
McGinger
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by hollyrob123)
I’m in the same situation, I’ve been told that if you’re only a grade off then the university might still let you in as there is more space this year due to less people applying bcos of covid.
Unfortunately covid hasnt had any impact on numbers - if anything there are more applicants this year because of 'application delay' and two years of inflated grades. Yes, there may be some spaces on courses come Results Day - but you cannot rely on this.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Does school Maths prepare people well enough for the future?

Yes, it gives everyone a good foundation for any future path (38)
32.48%
Somewhat, if your future involves maths/STEM (53)
45.3%
No, it doesn't teach enough practical life skills (25)
21.37%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (1)
0.85%

Watched Threads