Forced marriage

Watch this thread
itsbeenlike4
Badges: 2
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hey, so long story short ,i live in a middle-eastern country. my girlfriend's family are so strict and religious. and they found someone to marry her. they don't know about our relationship yet. but the boy they found is so powerful and rich.and they are close family friends. and they said to her that this is the best opportunity for you to achieve all your dreams in your life and stuff like that. my girlfriend loves me and doesn't want to do that but she is so afraid to say no to her family. she has no freedom to decide for herself and she said to me that if she go against their decision things will be so bad and tragic. We're in a long distance relationship for over a year now and I do not want to lose her like this. I said whatever I could to her to keep her alive and going.I explained that she should not accept this misery and im with her and stuff like that. she haven't even meet the boy she's forced to marry with yet. but her family said that she should spend some time with him. last thing she said to me was " I hope he doesn't likes me "
I'm really thinking deeply about what to do and how to save her. but its just so ****edup... Im looking for any useful helps here... thanks.
sufys
Badges: 20
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by itsbeenlike4)
Hey, so long story short ,i live in a middle-eastern country. my girlfriend's family are so strict and religious. and they found someone to marry her. they don't know about our relationship yet. but the boy they found is so powerful and rich.and they are close family friends. and they said to her that this is the best opportunity for you to achieve all your dreams in your life and stuff like that. my girlfriend loves me and doesn't want to do that but she is so afraid to say no to her family. she has no freedom to decide for herself and she said to me that if she go against their decision things will be so bad and tragic. We're in a long distance relationship for over a year now and I do not want to lose her like this. I said whatever I could to her to keep her alive and going.I explained that she should not accept this misery and im with her and stuff like that. she haven't even meet the boy she's forced to marry with yet. but her family said that she should spend some time with him. last thing she said to me was " I hope he doesn't likes me "
I'm really thinking deeply about what to do and how to save her. but its just so ****edup... Im looking for any useful helps here... thanks.
Try to elope somehow? Seems like a very difficult situation to be honest.
itsbeenlike4
Badges: 2
Rep:
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by sufys)
Try to elope somehow? Seems like a very difficult situation to be honest.
I even said to her that Im ready to do this if you agree. I think she's just so afraid of anything.
sufys
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
I even said to her that Im ready to do this if you agree. I think she's just so afraid of anything.
Well, that's probably the only option. You've got to persuade her.
Jlto
Badges: 5
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
Religion wastes peoples life. It's disgraceful that you can't marry who you want and you have to follow what a religion wants
Nikonikox
Badges: 9
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
just another reason why religion is joooooooooooooookes
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Year 12s - where are you at with making decisions about university?

I’ve chosen my course and my university (26)
27.08%
I’ve chosen my course and shortlisted some universities (31)
32.29%
I’ve chosen my course, but not any universities (10)
10.42%
I’ve chosen my university, but not my course (4)
4.17%
I’ve shortlisted some universities, but not my course (5)
5.21%
I’m starting to consider my university options (14)
14.58%
I haven’t started thinking about university yet (4)
4.17%
I’m not planning on going to university (2)
2.08%

Watched Threads