Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi all, I was just wondering what people's grades (GCSE & A Level Predictions) are. I am trying to work out if the universities are interviewing those with higher grades first or not. Also please state which universities have given you the interview or offer.

Many Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    interview at liverpool
    A*A*AAAAABB
    ABBB at AS

crap ukcat

good ps
    good reference

lots of extra curricular stuff

thats about it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Garnier)
    Hi all, I was just wondering what people's grades (GCSE & A Level Predictions) are. I am trying to work out if the universities are interviewing those with higher grades first or not. Also please state which universities have given you the interview or offer.

Many Thanks.

i'll make it easier for you and tell you for a fact that uni's do not go by grades when they give their interviews out, they dont give to those with the highest grades first then work their way down :p:

ReputationRep:
    i dont understand when ppl say they have a good or a very good ps..... who is to say whether its good or not other than the admissions ppl!?!??!
    doesnt everyone presume theirs is pretty good?¬

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nush86)
    i dont understand when ppl say they have a good or a very good ps..... who is to say whether its good or not other than the admissions ppl!?!??!
    doesnt everyone presume theirs is pretty good?¬
    that is true. im just going by what my form tutors and headmistress have said. the admissions tutors may have different opinions.

ReputationRep:
    it would be pretty stupid to apply if you didnt think your ps was any good!

ReputationRep:
    ^^ true. haha. i think its good though and so do ppl who have seen it

ReputationRep:
    hey what universities have you applied to?

ReputationRep:
    still teachers are not admissions tutors...... and because they know us its obvious they think its good! Ul really only know its good.... if u get interviews!

ReputationRep:
    ^ err..yeah..thats what i said ;P

ReputationRep:
    most teachers have experience though so their judgement should be trusted to some extent anyway.

ReputationRep:
    hmmm debatable.. say at my college my tutor said my statement is very strong.... but they have never had anyone been accepted onto dentistry before!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nush86)
    hmmm debatable.. say at my college my tutor said my statement is very strong.... but they have never had anyone been accepted onto dentistry before!!
    hence most reason being that they have read a few before so can tell the better ones apart.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dentalstudentGKT)
    hence most reason being that they have read a few before so can tell the better ones apart.
    You'd think that would be the the case...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yosrush)
    You'd think that would be the the case...
    well obviously there will be the odd few cases where it won't be like that but you have to remember that the schools want you to get into further education, it will look bad on them if you don't so they will try the best they can to get you through...

ReputationRep:
    i agree ^

schools will try to help u as much as possible. i do however think that sometimes in schools like mine (Private) that they tend to overlook some weaker students (i.e who dont have >7A*s at gcse and 4 As at AS) and support the "brighter" ones. but even though my results werent all A*s they did help and support me through my application perhaps to get more people coming into the school.

i dunno

but then again my cousin got into oxford and he is from a state school and his school really really supported him 100%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dentalstudentGKT)
    well obviously there will be the odd few cases where it won't be like that but you have to remember that the schools want you to get into further education, it will look bad on them if you don't so they will try the best they can to get you through...
    I think it's safe to say my school hasn't helped at all with my application, and it's not because of a lack of trying on my behalf. I think the best comment I got from them regarding my PS was 'I like this part' or 'good'.

But it's all good, I managed to get someone on TSR to have a look at before I sent it off :yep: I guess this kinda balances it out with the people who get more advice from public/better sector schools.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 17, 2008
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.