The Student Room Group

This discussion is no longer active so you won't be able to reply.Check out other Related discussions

Eduqas Sociology A-Level 2022

There may already be a thread for this but I haven’t seen a sociology thread specifically for Eduqas yet, I just wanted to see how people are feeling about the exam on Monday the 23rd or (after the exam) how people think they have done :smile:

Scroll to see replies

I was looking for this How do you feel??
I think it went okay
(edited 1 year ago)
The hardest question for me was probably where you had to explain the relationship between gender and subject change
Original post by Student_st101
I was looking for this How do you feel??
I think it went okay

Same! I really liked the questions for family and education, the feminist views of the family was easy to write about, I'm glad you think it went ok too
Original post by AyoDaniels
The hardest question for me was probably where you had to explain the relationship between gender and subject change

I agree I literally just used random points that I could remember for that and tried my best to make it link
I think quite a lot of people have found this exam a bit easier so the grade boundaries are probably gonna be higher haha
I hope the other 2 tests are easy too!
last sociology test tomorrow, and all I can say is finally. but not looking forward as I completely forgot about stratification until just now
What do you think they’ll ask this time?
I feel like for the 20marker they might ask ethnic inequality as they’ve never asked that or gender as they’ve not done that in ages
For the 40marker for inequality maybe functionalism they’ve not done that?

And for crime the 40m they’ve also not done crime
So I’m not sure if they would ask us 2 functionalists for the crime and social inequality.
They’ve also never asked about postmodernism / interactionism ?

I feel like tomorows test is gonna be hard , I’m actually ******** myself
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by Student_st101
I feel like for the 20marker they might ask ethnic inequality as they’ve never asked that or gender as they’ve not done that in ages
For the 40marker for inequality maybe functionalism they’ve not done that?

And for crime the 40m they’ve also not done crime
So I’m not sure if they would ask us 2 functionalists for the crime and social inequality.
They’ve also never asked about postmodernism ?

I feel like tomorows test is gonna be hard , I’m actually ******** myself

i hope postmodernism isn't on there aha, that would be awful for me-
my teacher pointed out that there hasn't been a marxism question (at least for my paper 1 modules) so marxism might be on there as its a big theory? however they asked a marxism and inequality 40m twice (2020 and 2017) so it might be for crime? i'm not sure
Original post by nousersleft
i hope postmodernism isn't on there aha, that would be awful for me-
my teacher pointed out that there hasn't been a marxism question (at least for my paper 1 modules) so marxism might be on there as its a big theory? however they asked a marxism and inequality 40m twice (2020 and 2017) so it might be for crime? i'm not sure

Yess Marxism the last time they asked for crime was 2017 , they’ve asked feminism twice for crime , and Marxism twice for social inequality.
So for crime it could be Marxism / post mod / interactions

and For social inequality in just praying it’s functionalism as that’s never came up and I like it
I hate webarian
Would hate postmodernism to come up, it’s too fluffy for me! What do people think the 20m for crime will be?
Original post by Biggsyboo31
Would hate postmodernism to come up, it’s too fluffy for me! What do people think the 20m for crime will be?

my teacher was saying it might be something to do with crime stats? as they left that in the advanced info but took out the crime + social construct/media and the policy stuff (and official stats as a 40m came up in 2020 and 2017)- but i'm not too sure, i wouldn't mind stats as a 20 as long as the question was nice!
(edited 1 year ago)
Yep I was thinking they might do a stats one because everything else has been whipped out. I reckon 40m on cage and a 40m on theory and 20m on measuring crime
i am hoping for the 20 mark question on social inequality will be on ethnicity or age cause thats all ive really prepared for
Original post by niamhcunni03
i am hoping for the 20 mark question on social inequality will be on ethnicity or age cause thats all ive really prepared for

i'm hoping for anything BUT age. i physically just don't want age
There may already be a thread for this but I haven’t seen a sociology thread specifically for Eduqas yet, I just wanted to see how people are feeling about the exam on Monday the 23rd or (after the exam) how people think they have done :smile:

Hey, do u have any tips on sociology Eduqas A-level?
Original post by darceyspiderman
Hey, do u have any tips on sociology Eduqas A-level?

hiya, i got an A* on my sociology a-level and my main revision was just learning essay plans! there's only so many questions they can ask so what we did in class was create plans for different questions (marxism and crime 40m, feminism and family 35m etc.) which i then went over at home- and i found that to be beneficial! idk what work your teacher has done but definitely look into those and see if that'll work for you. i did a lot of active recall- so choosing a question or theory/topic and writing out what i know without looking at notes, and then checking notes and adding what i missed (then you repeat this until you can recall all your notes). take a look at past exam papers too and try out the questions timed!
wishing you luck with your a-levels, let me know if you need any specific help :smile:
hiya, i got an A* on my sociology a-level and my main revision was just learning essay plans! there's only so many questions they can ask so what we did in class was create plans for different questions (marxism and crime 40m, feminism and family 35m etc.) which i then went over at home- and i found that to be beneficial! idk what work your teacher has done but definitely look into those and see if that'll work for you. i did a lot of active recall- so choosing a question or theory/topic and writing out what i know without looking at notes, and then checking notes and adding what i missed (then you repeat this until you can recall all your notes). take a look at past exam papers too and try out the questions timed!
wishing you luck with your a-levels, let me know if you need any specific help :smile:

Tysm for this!! Did u use a peel structure for the essays do u have any model answers as well?
Original post by darceyspiderman
Tysm for this!! Did u use a peel structure for the essays do u have any model answers as well?

no problem! we were actually taught a different structure in our sociology lessons (something i think the exam board used to explicitly teach before but stopped according to my teacher, it still works). this was DESR for lower tariff questions (15s, etc) and DESIRE for the higher mark questions (35s, 40s etc).
D- Describe your point.
E- Evidence this point with a name or stat.
S- Secondary evidence that supports this (another name or stat)
R- Honestly I forgot what this stood for but its basically a final sentence of your paragraph to sum up what you just wrote.
For the bigger questions where you need to evaluate etc, we used DESIRE.
D- Describe
E- Evidence
S- Secondary evidence
I- Basically a check for yourself if the evidence you used actually answers the question/supports your point- you don't need to write this its more of a reminder for you
R- Sum up
E- Evaluate. This could look like 'However, [theory] would disagree. [Contrasting theorist] would argue that...'.

I liked this structure because it basically guaranteed you would include the right amount of evidence and theory to get high marks! I could send you model plans/answers of what I still have if you need anything- let me know if theres any in particular and I'll see what I can find :smile:
no problem! we were actually taught a different structure in our sociology lessons (something i think the exam board used to explicitly teach before but stopped according to my teacher, it still works). this was DESR for lower tariff questions (15s, etc) and DESIRE for the higher mark questions (35s, 40s etc).
D- Describe your point.9
E- Evidence this point with a name or stat.
S- Secondary evidence that supports this (another name or stat)
R- Honestly I forgot what this stood for but its basically a final sentence of your paragraph to sum up what you just wrote.
For the bigger questions where you need to evaluate etc, we used DESIRE.
D- Describe
E- Evidence
S- Secondary evidence
I- Basically a check for yourself if the evidence you used actually answers the question/supports your point- you don't need to write this its more of a reminder for you
R- Sum up
E- Evaluate. This could look like 'However, [theory] would disagree. [Contrasting theorist] would argue that...'.

I liked this structure because it basically guaranteed you would include the right amount of evidence and theory to get high marks! I could send you model plans/answers of what I still have if you need anything- let me know if theres any in particular and I'll see what I can find :smile:

thanks sm this so hopefully my teachers feedback is so bad :frown: do u have any model answer 35marker or 40 on crime and deviance or youth culture? my email is [email protected] tysm :smile:

Latest