Eduqas Sociology A-Level 2022

Watch this thread
nousersleft
Badges: 3
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
There may already be a thread for this but I haven’t seen a sociology thread specifically for Eduqas yet, I just wanted to see how people are feeling about the exam on Monday the 23rd or (after the exam) how people think they have done
Student_st101
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
I was looking for this How do you feel??
I think it went okay
Last edited by Student_st101; 1 month ago
AyoDaniels
Badges: 10
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
The hardest question for me was probably where you had to explain the relationship between gender and subject change
nousersleft
Rep:
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by Student_st101)
I was looking for this How do you feel??
I think it went okay
Same! I really liked the questions for family and education, the feminist views of the family was easy to write about, I'm glad you think it went ok too
Student_st101
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by AyoDaniels)
The hardest question for me was probably where you had to explain the relationship between gender and subject change
I agree I literally just used random points that I could remember for that and tried my best to make it link
I think quite a lot of people have found this exam a bit easier so the grade boundaries are probably gonna be higher haha
I hope the other 2 tests are easy too!
AyoDaniels
Rep:
Report 2 weeks ago
last sociology test tomorrow, and all I can say is finally. but not looking forward as I completely forgot about stratification until just now
Biggsyboo31
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 2 weeks ago
What do you think they’ll ask this time?
Student_st101
Rep:
Report 2 weeks ago
I feel like for the 20marker they might ask ethnic inequality as they’ve never asked that or gender as they’ve not done that in ages
For the 40marker for inequality maybe functionalism they’ve not done that?

And for crime the 40m they’ve also not done crime
So I’m not sure if they would ask us 2 functionalists for the crime and social inequality.
They’ve also never asked about postmodernism / interactionism ?

I feel like tomorows test is gonna be hard , I’m actually ******** myself
Last edited by Student_st101; 2 weeks ago
nousersleft
Rep:
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Student_st101)
I feel like for the 20marker they might ask ethnic inequality as they’ve never asked that or gender as they’ve not done that in ages
For the 40marker for inequality maybe functionalism they’ve not done that?

And for crime the 40m they’ve also not done crime
So I’m not sure if they would ask us 2 functionalists for the crime and social inequality.
They’ve also never asked about postmodernism ?

I feel like tomorows test is gonna be hard , I’m actually ******** myself
i hope postmodernism isn't on there aha, that would be awful for me-
my teacher pointed out that there hasn't been a marxism question (at least for my paper 1 modules) so marxism might be on there as its a big theory? however they asked a marxism and inequality 40m twice (2020 and 2017) so it might be for crime? i'm not sure
Student_st101
Rep:
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by nousersleft)
i hope postmodernism isn't on there aha, that would be awful for me-
my teacher pointed out that there hasn't been a marxism question (at least for my paper 1 modules) so marxism might be on there as its a big theory? however they asked a marxism and inequality 40m twice (2020 and 2017) so it might be for crime? i'm not sure
Yess Marxism the last time they asked for crime was 2017 , they’ve asked feminism twice for crime , and Marxism twice for social inequality.
So for crime it could be Marxism / post mod / interactions

and For social inequality in just praying it’s functionalism as that’s never came up and I like it
I hate webarian
Biggsyboo31
Rep:
Report 2 weeks ago
Would hate postmodernism to come up, it’s too fluffy for me! What do people think the 20m for crime will be?
nousersleft
Rep:
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Biggsyboo31)
Would hate postmodernism to come up, it’s too fluffy for me! What do people think the 20m for crime will be?
my teacher was saying it might be something to do with crime stats? as they left that in the advanced info but took out the crime + social construct/media and the policy stuff (and official stats as a 40m came up in 2020 and 2017)- but i'm not too sure, i wouldn't mind stats as a 20 as long as the question was nice!
Last edited by nousersleft; 2 weeks ago
Biggsyboo31
Rep:
Report 2 weeks ago
Yep I was thinking they might do a stats one because everything else has been whipped out. I reckon 40m on cage and a 40m on theory and 20m on measuring crime
niamhcunni03
Rep:
Report 2 weeks ago
i am hoping for the 20 mark question on social inequality will be on ethnicity or age cause thats all ive really prepared for
AyoDaniels
Rep:
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by niamhcunni03)
i am hoping for the 20 mark question on social inequality will be on ethnicity or age cause thats all ive really prepared for
i'm hoping for anything BUT age. i physically just don't want age
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were exams easier or harder than you expected?

Easier (21)
27.63%
As I expected (23)
30.26%
Harder (28)
36.84%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (4)
5.26%

Watched Threads