Dreading my A-level exams (help needed pls)

Watch this thread
not_applicable
Badges: 7
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I've got my first exam on the 7th on june (i do maths chem and bio and those papers are all after half term). I feel like I've revised but everytime I try and do a paper I can literally answer like half of them or less. The questions are just so strange and for chemistry and biology, half of them are just 'suggest why', which I find confusing since the answers they want are strange. The markschemes are so oddly specific. I just don't know what to do. I need 3A's and I just don't think I can do it. My physical health is really bad right now and I'm forced to spend days doing no revision because I simply can't move from my bed. Does anyone have any advice on how to revise effectively with so little time?
Last edited by not_applicable; 1 month ago
LBFstudent
Badges: 14
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
Hey, you still got time I promise you do.

For starters you need to make an equal amount of revision time for each paper. I do not do the same subjects as you, so I can really help you content wise but I used getrevising to build my timetable; I was able to set my paper dates, how many hours of revision I want to do and even changed it too if necessary

If the mark scheme specific then I suggest you actually learn off from that, compare it to other past mark schemes and if it’s the same/similar it’ll give you a good idea

An effective way of revising for me was reading sentence line by line then literally either scribbling or typing it up, it really works!

I honestly believe that you got this, do not force yourself to do 4h revision straight or something with no break

There’s this thing I picked up I’m not sure what it’s called but since there’s 24h a day: 8h for sleeping 8h total for revision (this includes college hours) and 8h what you want to do in your free time (or less up to you!)

I get lazy too to even move from my bed and revise, so I’m like if I’m going to sue my phone I’ll use it for revision purpose, I’ve seen on tiktok people writing in comment sections notes for certain subjects, there are accounts for the subjects you’re doing, check them out

Use YouTube too! I’ll do some further research for you on some online notes for free, if so can you kindly tell me what your exams board are thank you
not_applicable
Badges: 7
Rep:
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by LBFstudent)
Hey, you still got time I promise you do.

For starters you need to make an equal amount of revision time for each paper. I do not do the same subjects as you, so I can really help you content wise but I used getrevising to build my timetable; I was able to set my paper dates, how many hours of revision I want to do and even changed it too if necessary

If the mark scheme specific then I suggest you actually learn off from that, compare it to other past mark schemes and if it’s the same/similar it’ll give you a good idea

An effective way of revising for me was reading sentence line by line then literally either scribbling or typing it up, it really works!

I honestly believe that you got this, do not force yourself to do 4h revision straight or something with no break

There’s this thing I picked up I’m not sure what it’s called but since there’s 24h a day: 8h for sleeping 8h total for revision (this includes college hours) and 8h what you want to do in your free time (or less up to you!)

I get lazy too to even move from my bed and revise, so I’m like if I’m going to sue my phone I’ll use it for revision purpose, I’ve seen on tiktok people writing in comment sections notes for certain subjects, there are accounts for the subjects you’re doing, check them out

Use YouTube too! I’ll do some further research for you on some online notes for free, if so can you kindly tell me what your exams board are thank you
thank you so much, I'll get a timetable together to try and get revision done! I'm doing ocr A for all three subjects.
acatnamedoatmeal
Badges: 5
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
I’m doing chemistry and biology and also need 3 A’s so I feel ur pain. I feel like I know the content well but then in the exam weird stuff comes up.
I’ve been revising for a while now and I think the main thing is doing past paper questions and actually annotate each question you get wrong, with exactly how you went wrong. I used to just tick or cross it off but I feel like that didn’t help as much cus I just forgot it afterwards.
Just practice practice practice.
If it’s just a physical thing, you can try doing flash cards in ur bed. Quizlet is really good
LBFstudent
Badges: 14
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
I found some links I hope they are useful to you, if not sorry

https://www.physicsandmathstutor.com...a-level-ocr-a/

https://www.savemyexams.co.uk/a-leve...evision-notes/

https://www.savemyexams.co.uk/a-leve...evision-notes/

If you go on this tiktok there’s a playlist called biology made by this user, hope that helps
https://vm.tiktok.com/ZMLKJuYp7/?k=1

Make sure to use:
Quizlet
Study drive
Study smarter
Etc…

Remember you’ll pretty much find everything online

Ik some people don’t believe this but using colours really help me remember stuff like colour code the most most important area parts

If you have a tablet/iPad, make digital notes! Or even on your phone through the notes app

I sometimes download apps such as musi to play videos and write that what I remember on the notes all as the video is playing

If you’re a music lover, listen to non lyrical songs to get your brain active as well as drinking water
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Were exams easier or harder than you expected?

Easier (65)
28.14%
As I expected (71)
30.74%
Harder (87)
37.66%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (8)
3.46%

Watched Threads