Do I have a chance of getting into a Russel group uni

Watch this thread
abc-2006
Badges: 13
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Would I be able to get into a Russel group university to study law if I got 7777766665 in my GCSEs. Considering that I would reach the unis entry requirements for alevel grades.
Thank you
Last edited by abc-2006; 1 month ago
Reality Check
Badges: 22
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by abc-2006)
Would I be able to get into a Russel group university to study law if I got 7777766665 in my GCSEs. Considering that I would reach the unis entry requirements for alevel grades.
Thank you
Yes, but only if you learn to spell Russell Group.
Admit-One
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Short answer, yes.
artful_lounger
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Yes, other than LSE and Oxford most would not care much about your GCSE grades anyway.
heroine81
Badges: 3
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by artful_lounger)
Yes, other than LSE and Oxford most would not care much about your GCSE grades anyway.
but i thought oxford have really low boundaries for ppe (which i'm applying for)
artful_lounger
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by heroine81)
but i thought oxford have really low boundaries for ppe (which i'm applying for)
Oxford don't have cut off points, they just consider your GCSEs along with everything else. The TSA is probably more important but GCSEs will definitely be considered, and they publish data every year for PPE about average GCSE grades etc.
heroine81
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Oxford don't have cut off points, they just consider your GCSEs along with everything else. The TSA is probably more important but GCSEs will definitely be considered, and they publish data every year for PPE about average GCSE grades etc.
thxx i'll go look for some, but I'm like 999A*88887776 so not very high
artful_lounger
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by heroine81)
thxx i'll go look for some, but I'm like 999A*88887776 so not very high
They don't distinguish between 8 and 9 grades and consider them equivalent to the old A* grade so I imagine you will be fine for PPE, provided you do well on the TSA.
heroine81
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
They don't distinguish between 8 and 9 grades and consider them equivalent to the old A* grade so I imagine you will be fine for PPE, provided you do well on the TSA.
thank u xxx
_gcx
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Provided you have the A-level requirements you won't have trouble getting into a Russell Group university. There's 24 of them and quite a few (most even?) aren't especially hard to get in to.
Last edited by _gcx; 1 month ago
Obolinda
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
moved your thread to a more relevant section
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Does school Maths prepare people well enough for the future?

Yes, it gives everyone a good foundation for any future path (38)
32.48%
Somewhat, if your future involves maths/STEM (53)
45.3%
No, it doesn't teach enough practical life skills (25)
21.37%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (1)
0.85%

Watched Threads