How is this fair?

Watch this thread
Parziva1
Badges: 16
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
My small bedroom has one cupboard, which has been converted into a temple.

Usually I wake early but today was an exception.

My lungs are extremely sensitive to smoke and the widows of my bedroom were closed.

My mum had lit a special candle <30 cm away from my nose and slightly under it and now I'm coughing uncontrollably (since I was inhaling unconsciously for some time)

I go to uni but I can't leave the house due to special circumstances, what should I do?
Last edited by Parziva1; 1 month ago
DataVenia
Badges: 20
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Parziva1)

My lungs are extremely sensitive to smoke and the widows of my bedroom were closed.

My mum had lit a special candle <30 cm away from my nose and slightly under it and now I'm coughing uncontrollably (since I was inhaling unconsciously for some time)

I go to uni but I can't leave the house due to special circumstances, what should I do?
Have you talked to you mum about this? It seems odd that she'd have lit a candle in your bedroom, so close to you, given your sensitivity to smoke.

Is there nowhere else in the house to which the temple can be re-located?

Failing that, buy a smoke alarm.
Reality Check
Badges: 22
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Parziva1)

Is it usual to have a temple in a bedroom cupboard?
CoolCavy
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
That sounds like a huge fire risk if nothing else, can you not get her to use LED candles?
TriplexA
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Reality Check)
Hi RC - nice to see you again!

In some religions, such as Hinduism, people can have small temples at home for worship in a designated room or area of the house.

Parziva1 speak to your mum and ask her if the temple could be moved elsewhere, explaining how much it's affecting you.

Best wishes.
Last edited by TriplexA; 4 weeks ago
Oxford Mum
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by TriplexA)

In some religions, such as Hinduism, people can have small temples at home for worship in a designated room or area of the house.

Parziva1 speak to your mum and ask her if the temple could be moved elsewhere, explaining how much it's affecting you.

Best wishes.
Top post.
Callicious
Badges: 22
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Reality Check)
You're skipping the elephant in the room- all the miniature monks doing their monk business in the miniature temple they call home.
randompanda_
Badges: 15
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by TriplexA)

Best wishes.
PRSOM
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Year 12s - where are you at with making decisions about university?

I’ve chosen my course and my university (26)
27.08%
I’ve chosen my course and shortlisted some universities (31)
32.29%
I’ve chosen my course, but not any universities (10)
10.42%
I’ve chosen my university, but not my course (4)
4.17%
I’ve shortlisted some universities, but not my course (5)
5.21%
I’m starting to consider my university options (14)
14.58%
I haven’t started thinking about university yet (4)
4.17%
I’m not planning on going to university (2)
2.08%

Watched Threads