How exactly do i start jornalling???

Watch this thread
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
i want to start journaling to understand myself better but i don't know how to start??? any tips
DataVenia
Badges: 20
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
i want to start journaling to understand myself better but i don't know how to start??? any tips
Buy a journal. Start writing your thoughts, feelings, insights, etc. it in. Repeat each day.
TriplexA
Badges: 18
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
Hi there.

You can write about things such as relationships, personal goals and things you're grateful for. Perhaps plan a specific time of the day to do your journaling e.g. before you go to bed or on a morning so that it becomes a consistent thing.

Dentaldreams could provide further advice

Hope this somewhat helps
Best wishes.
Last edited by TriplexA; 1 month ago
Anonymous #2
Report 1 month ago
When I started journalling, I would do a page for the month, with a calender marked with events and my goals for the month.
Then every day, I would just write about what I did during the day. Eventually, you'll develop a journaling style - I write more about how I'm feeling and my sense of self and anything I'm worried about
Dentaldreams
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Can I just start with, this is a great idea!

Firstly there are lots of different types of journals, typically nowadays bullet journaling is probably the most common; i.e creating monthly/weekly spreads to keep track and chart multiple things. This however (personally) is very time consuming. If you like to get creative and like to go with the flow then this is the way to go.
Currently myself I like to journal all aspects of my life separately - this can probably seem too much at first though and is completely dependent on what your reasons are for keeping a journal, but I’ll give you some rough ideas.
Personal; track your mood, sleep, diet, goals.
Work/school journal; track your targets and keep on top of your tasks.
Book journal; keep a log of the books you read and write a summary- likes/dislikes
Plant journal; keep track of your planting seasons and when you sow your seeds etc.
Art journal; for letting lose and just having fun

The beauty of journaling is that you can combine everything that I’ve listed and so much more in one simple book if you like or even have multiple. Whatever suits you best!

TriplexA thanks for the tag
Remonda
Badges: 5
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Start to write your daily life, what did you do, what did you eat, whom did you met, why you are happy, why you felt sad, your feelings, your thoughts, your goals, your ambition and repeat it every day . Hope that this can help you a little bit
cb44
Badges: 2
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
I always write about how I'm feeling when I first start writing and usually I realise why I feel this way (good or bad) as I start to think about parts of my day, and then it just flows!
tigerkat
Badges: 9
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
I love journalling I have a normal journal where I just write my general thoughts about how things are going what I've been up to. I recently got a journal to write darker creepy or atmospheric things in like creepy mini stories and I am going to draw some little pictures in that one. I also have one for pinkie who is my child part where I can write about trauma and nightmares and feelings to do with that cause recently I've not always felt like me and felt like child me was alongside me in my head so I named her pinkie and I'm trying to use a journal to control her so she can process without randomly popping up.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Were exams easier or harder than you expected?

Easier (65)
27.78%
As I expected (73)
31.2%
Harder (88)
37.61%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (8)
3.42%

Watched Threads