Year 12 revision

Watch this thread
Joshua8998
Badges: 7
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I'm currently a year 12 student and with A Levels in exactly a year I'm wondering how much revision I do everyday for the year leading up to the exams.
R4V
Badges: 12
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Joshua8998)
I'm currently a year 12 student and with A Levels in exactly a year I'm wondering how much revision I do everyday for the year leading up to the exams.
I’m doing my a levels in 2 days… enjoy the rest of first year. In second year you will just have sm mocks and assessments you’ll be revising all the time
Joshua8998
Rep:
(Original post by R4V)
I’m doing my a levels in 2 days… enjoy the rest of first year. In second year you will just have sm mocks and assessments you’ll be revising all the time
I know but I don't want to feel like I could of tried harder in year 12 lol.
R4V
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
I know but I don't want to feel like I could of tried harder in year 12 lol.
I feel u but tbh year 12 vs year 13 are so different you can’t do anything.
Joshua8998
Rep:
(Original post by R4V)
I feel u but tbh year 12 vs year 13 are so different you can’t do anything.
I have mocks in a month though. How many hours per day do you recommend I revise for those.
Joshua8998
Rep:
I tried to do 3 hours a night last week but on the 6th day I lost all of my motivation.
diya277
Badges: 11
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Right now, all you need to do is maybe absolutely max an hour everyday per subject (on a school day), of course depending on any work you have been set to do after school, what time you get home, what time you sleep, if you have any other activities, etc. Just find out what works for you and try it out right now since you'll be able to apply whatever techniques you learn right now to year 13
Joshua8998
Rep:
(Original post by diya277)
Right now, all you need to do is maybe absolutely max an hour everyday per subject (on a school day), of course depending on any work you have been set to do after school, what time you get home, what time you sleep, if you have any other activities, etc. Just find out what works for you and try it out right now since you'll be able to apply whatever techniques you learn right now to year 13
So you recommend 3 hours a night
diya277
Badges: 11
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
So you recommend 3 hours a night
I definitely didn't "revise" that much" in year 12 since I was often making my own notes, writing any essays that we did or going through the texts I have for English lit. It depends on what you need to do on that day/week. I think 3 hours should be the max of proper revision after school (so from whenever you get home to the time you go to sleep). I say that it should be the max since you would burnout severely otherwise
Joshua8998
Rep:
I felt burnt out after 3 hours a day last week. Do you recommend I take both weekend days off?
R4V
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
I agree, 3hrs a day max is all you need. Like even if you just do it a couple times a week for year 12. When you go into year 13 keep at 3hrs a day max and you should be fine. Condense the notes you made, cross reference the notes to textbooks and YouTube videos and you should have a strong set to revise on. Once you’ve done that for all subjects just do questions and time them. That’s what I’ve done 3 weeks prior to my exams. So I have all the notes I need all over been doing is practice questions whilst everyone is still making notes.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Were exams easier or harder than you expected?

Easier (46)
26.14%
As I expected (58)
32.95%
Harder (64)
36.36%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (8)
4.55%

Watched Threads