English lit gcse help aqa

Watch this thread
lolaaaaajones789
Badges: 9
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Hey guys, the lit exam is on Wednesday and I haven’t even looked at Christmas carol. Any suggestions on what I should start first?

Thanks!
diya277
Badges: 11
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 weeks ago
I'm doing A level english now and did AQA at GCSE. My text wasn't Christmas Carol but I would say find summaries online as well as any important quotes by theme if you haven't found quotes yourself. Sparknotes and schmoop should have this sort of information since I use them even now and Christmas Carol is a popular text
lolaaaaajones789
Rep:
Thanks a lot! I don’t know if I can do it.
diya277
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
I think if you put your head into it, you should be fine. Remember though, find the most important quotes which you can use for multiple themes - it will help you in revising quotes since you can have less quotes but good ones in the sense you have can use it for a number of different essays
lolaaaaajones789
Rep:
Thanks a lot..l it really means so much!
kinglarry_2
Badges: 3
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by lolaaaaajones789)
Hey guys, the lit exam is on Wednesday and I haven’t even looked at Christmas carol. Any suggestions on what I should start first?

Thanks!
find summaries and compile quotes and analysis on characters and themes.
lolaaaaajones789
Rep:
(Original post by kinglarry_2)
find summaries and compile quotes and analysis on characters and themes.
Heyy… find summaries of what? Summaries on themes and characters?
lolaprice06
Badges: 2
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago

Thanks!
to remember key quotes look over some summaries for some time - then for about 10 minutes - blurt any quotes you remember. then repeat until you have a decent amount of quotes!! good luck x
lolaaaaajones789
Rep:
Hey everyone is talking about summaries, summaries on what though? Thank you for your help!

(Original post by lolaprice06)
to remember key quotes look over some summaries for some time - then for about 10 minutes - blurt any quotes you remember. then repeat until you have a decent amount of quotes!! good luck x
lolaprice06
Badges: 2
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
Hey everyone is talking about summaries, summaries on what though? Thank you for your help!
spark notes is very good: https://www.sparknotes.com/lit/christmascarol/
or quizlet flashcards of quotes - you could write some down.
even some vidoes on tiktok have key quotes to use!
diya277
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
I don't know how much time you want to spend on English but Mr Bruff has videos on youtube
Last edited by diya277; 4 weeks ago
kinglarry_2
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
Heyy… find summaries of what? Summaries on themes and characters?
sorry shoulda made that clearer. Sparknotes is especially helpful for this. look at the plot summaries, (https://www.sparknotes.com/lit/christmascarol), and the quotes (https://www.sparknotes.com/lit/christmascarol/#quotes) which are grouped by themes, characters and each section of the book. Also the quotes have analysis as well. Compile a document where you extract information from the quotes, so the most important words/phrases of each quote, then a brief explanation of its significance. Prioritise the themes and characters sections. Should only take c. 1h
Last edited by kinglarry_2; 4 weeks ago
kinglarry_2
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago

Thanks!
Also, just a tip for the exam, if there are quotes that are very likely to be used, but you haven't really got round to memorising them, memorise them right before you enter the exam hall, so its in ur short term memory, then write them all down on the back of the exam script as soon as you enter, as the back page does not get scanned.
lolaaaaajones789
Rep:
I don't know now to thank you, you have once again made me believe that good people still exist. I hope stay you blessed. Thank you for being amazing?

(Original post by kinglarry_2)
Also, just a tip for the exam, if there are quotes that are very likely to be used, but you haven't really got round to memorising them, memorise them right before you enter the exam hall, so its in ur short term memory, then write them all down on the back of the exam script as soon as you enter, as the back page does not get scanned.
bears15
Badges: 6
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago

Thanks!
if youre on tiktok, then @missenglishteacher is doing a live at 8pm on christmas carol and inspector calls. i recommend watching it as she did one for the lang paper 1 the other day and it really helped me.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Year 12s - where are you at with making decisions about university?

I’ve chosen my course and my university (19)
32.2%
I’ve chosen my course and shortlisted some universities (22)
37.29%
I’ve chosen my course, but not any universities (2)
3.39%
I’ve chosen my university, but not my course (3)
5.08%
I’ve shortlisted some universities, but not my course (4)
6.78%
I’m starting to consider my university options (7)
11.86%
I haven’t started thinking about university yet (1)
1.69%
I’m not planning on going to university (1)
1.69%

Watched Threads