Newcastle Uni entry requirements

Watch this thread
Joshua8998
Badges: 7
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Hi does anyone know Newcastle uni's entry requirements for a politics degree?
DataVenia
Badges: 20
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Joshua8998)
You mean these requirements, for Politics BA (Hon) (UCAS code: L200)?

AAB. At least one A Level from a social science is preferred but not required. General Studies is accepted.
Joshua8998
Rep:
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
(Original post by DataVenia)
You mean these requirements, for Politics BA (Hon) (UCAS code: L200)?
Thanks. How much revision per night do you recommend I do to get these grades. I'm in year 12 btw.
Newcastle University Ambassador
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
Hi Joshua8998,

You can find the entry requirements, alongside a lot of other information about the course, on the course page. For A Levels, the entry requirements are AAB, with a preference for one A Level being a social science.

~Ashley
DataVenia
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
Thanks. How much revision per night do you recommend I do to get these grades. I'm in year 12 btw.
How long is a piece of string?

A student who's currently working at around grade A/B level would likely require less revision than a student currently working at around grade C/D level. Also, the amount of time you spend revising is a poor measure - what's important of how effective that revision is. One student might learn (and retain) more knowledge in one hour than another student could in two.

Take a look at how you're performing at the moment, preferably using some formal tests taken within school/college. Focus on your weakest subjects, or weakest areas within all subjects, and create a revision plan around that. When your next set of tests come along, see how effective you revision plan was. Adjust as necessary.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Year 12s - where are you at with making decisions about university?

I’ve chosen my course and my university (22)
28.95%
I’ve chosen my course and shortlisted some universities (27)
35.53%
I’ve chosen my course, but not any universities (7)
9.21%
I’ve chosen my university, but not my course (3)
3.95%
I’ve shortlisted some universities, but not my course (4)
5.26%
I’m starting to consider my university options (10)
13.16%
I haven’t started thinking about university yet (2)
2.63%
I’m not planning on going to university (1)
1.32%

Watched Threads