The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Newcastle
Newcastle University
Newcastle-upon-Tyne
Visit website

Newcastle Uni entry requirements

Hi does anyone know Newcastle uni's entry requirements for a politics degree?
Original post by Joshua8998

You mean these requirements, for Politics BA (Hon) (UCAS code: L200)?

AAB. At least one A Level from a social science is preferred but not required. General Studies is accepted.
Students on campus at the University of Newcastle
Newcastle University
Newcastle-upon-Tyne
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by DataVenia
You mean these requirements, for Politics BA (Hon) (UCAS code: L200)?

Thanks. How much revision per night do you recommend I do to get these grades. I'm in year 12 btw.

Hi @Joshua8998,

You can find the entry requirements, alongside a lot of other information about the course, on the course page. For A Levels, the entry requirements are AAB, with a preference for one A Level being a social science.

~Ashley
Thanks. How much revision per night do you recommend I do to get these grades. I'm in year 12 btw.

How long is a piece of string?

A student who's currently working at around grade A/B level would likely require less revision than a student currently working at around grade C/D level. Also, the amount of time you spend revising is a poor measure - what's important of how effective that revision is. One student might learn (and retain) more knowledge in one hour than another student could in two.

Take a look at how you're performing at the moment, preferably using some formal tests taken within school/college. Focus on your weakest subjects, or weakest areas within all subjects, and create a revision plan around that. When your next set of tests come along, see how effective you revision plan was. Adjust as necessary.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending