Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    i was jus wandering if anyone knows how long it takes till you get offers fron lincoln uni

thanks xxx

ReputationRep:
    Hmm somebody said you get them around February but I haven't even sent my application off yet so I don't know XD

ReputationRep:
    okay thanks,i haven't sent my either!!!
    xxx

ReputationRep:
    they replied to me within 3 weeks of me applying, but some people had to wait till end of January...depends on when you apply and how many applications they have, but all your offers should be through by February! Best of luck

ReputationRep:
    thanks

ReputationRep:
    when did u apply

ReputationRep:
    end of 05 for 07 entry (defered entry)

ReputationRep:
    okat

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dougy_S)
    end of 05 for 07 entry (defered entry)
    hey wait a minute, deferred entry? does that mean they're not short on offers and it's not too hard at all to get chosen? please tell me it's easy to get a place!

ReputationRep:
    I wanted to take a year out, so applied for defered entry. Lincoln is something like 4th best in the UK for Forensics...and the UK is meant to be the place to study it...but some of the people on my course havent done any A Level sciences (they struggle...but they still got in!) So no...its not too hard to get into...just match the points needed to get in (was 240 when i applied)

ReputationRep:
    I wanted to take a year out, so applied for defered entry. Lincoln is something like 4th best in the UK for Forensics...and the UK is meant to be the place to study it...but some of the people on my course havent done any A Level sciences (they struggle...but they still got in!) So no...its not too hard to get into...just match the points needed to get in (was 240 when i applied)
    It's still the same... but if I transferred my grades in the German system 1:1 to the English system I would have like... well over 500 points!
    Dunno how they do it there.

ReputationRep:
    congrats! your probably in for any course you like hehe!

ReputationRep:
    congrats! your probably in for any course you like hehe!
    Haha I don't think so... I would get many points but none of my subjects (I don't know how many will count but I have about 10) are better than B... well I'll see what Lincoln Uni thinks about that

ReputationRep:
    Are they equivelent to A Level or GCSE though?

ReputationRep:
    Are they equivelent to A Level or GCSE though?
    What I'm doing is an equivalent to A levels. You normally choose two advanced courses and then have loads of other courses which you have to take although you probably don't like them
    It's called Abitur, if you want to do some research on that.

ReputationRep:
    cool, hehe now i see why English are deemed 'stupid'!

ReputationRep:
    Noo I like your system much better (although it would be good if everyone HAD to take maths and English just for some general knowledge).
    I can't really concentrate well on my advanced courses because I have to study for the other courses as well. It's a shame.

ReputationRep:
    anyone else got offers from lincoln uni?

xxx

ReputationRep:
    Not yet, gotta send my application in first. Have you got one?

ReputationRep:
    nope just sent it yesterday

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.