mdbdidjdksnd
Badges: 15
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Last edited by mdbdidjdksnd; 1 week ago
cata03
Badges: 12
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by mdbdidjdksnd)
I've been doing past papers for a while and I always get around the 72-76% mark and the occasional 80%. I know the content and my exam technique is good enough, but the paper is just so long that I'm bound to lose like 20 marks by silly mistakes (especially in maths) or something random coming up that I don't know. I really don't know what more I can possibly do to get more than 75% in chemistry and maths. Also people say that you score higher on past papers than you will in the actual exam so I'm starting to get worried.
Biology is a whole other story lol - cant seem to score more than 65% cause of the markscheme.
Also around what percentage should I be aiming for at this stage?
I honestly find the oppisite - I have done better in the real thing than in papers I've done at home. When you sit the real thing, you will be completely concnetrated on the paper and would've had a good sleep the night before etc, and the marking is probably different to how you mark your papers at home - method marks make up the vast majority of maths papers so silly mistakes won't make you fail an exam, and you are probably extra harsh on yourself when marking. So I wouldn't worry, just keep doing past papers, you'll be great!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were exams easier or harder than you expected?

Easier (21)
26.25%
As I expected (24)
30%
Harder (30)
37.5%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (5)
6.25%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise