wicksza
Badges: 0
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Does anybody know how the 2022 Geography grade boundaries will approximately look like? Since this year the 3 papers add to 207, and in 2019 a grade 6 would be 123 marks less, does that mean a grade 6 for this year will be around 84/207? I hope this makes sense, thank you!
DataVenia
Badges: 20
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
What they've implied (although not explicitly stated, as far as I'm aware, is they'll first look at the proportion of students obtaining each grade in 2019 and the proportion being awarded each grade in 2021. They'll then split the difference (i.e. take the mid-point) and set the grade boundaries such that this proportion obtain that grade this year.

A change in the total number of marks between 2019 and now (which seems odd, but I haven't checked) would be unaffected by this process.

Which exam board is this for?
wicksza
Badges: 0
Rep:
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by DataVenia)
What they've implied (although not explicitly stated, as far as I'm aware, is they'll first look at the proportion of students obtaining each grade in 2019 and the proportion being awarded each grade in 2021. They'll then split the difference (i.e. take the mid-point) and set the grade boundaries such that this proportion obtain that grade this year.

A change in the total number of marks between 2019 and now (which seems odd, but I haven't checked) would be unaffected by this process.

Which exam board is this for?
Ohh okay, thank you. This is for AQA! They've taken out a section I think, so the amount of marks overall is lower.
DataVenia
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by wicksza)
Ohh okay, thank you. This is for AQA! They've taken out a section I think, so the amount of marks overall is lower.
Ah, that makes sense.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Does school Maths prepare people well enough for the future?

Yes, it gives everyone a good foundation for any future path (39)
32.23%
Somewhat, if your future involves maths/STEM (55)
45.45%
No, it doesn't teach enough practical life skills (26)
21.49%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (1)
0.83%

Watched Threads