Transferring From a Foundation Year

Watch this thread
Al_the_Pal
Badges: 4
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Hello, everyone.
I'm currently in year 12 doing my A-levels and I'm doing Maths, Physics, English Lit. and an EPQ.
My current grades are somehow both really good and really bad (A* Maths, B English Lit. and E Physics).
Anyway, I really wanna do maths or something related to maths at uni and i'm worried my low physics grade will hold me back, so i'm strongly considering a foundation year.
however, what i'm wondering is which universities will allow me to transfer from a foundation year onto their course. All the forums answering this question are ancient, so i think the info may be outdated.
some advice and info would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks!
isara8482
Badges: 13
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 weeks ago
Hi
I did maths, chemistry and physics for my A levels and I was in the same position as you.
I currently do maths in University of Liverpool, and as far as i know university of Liverpool have a course where you can do a foundation year

(Original post by Al_the_Pal)
Hello, everyone.
I'm currently in year 12 doing my A-levels and I'm doing Maths, Physics, English Lit. and an EPQ.
My current grades are somehow both really good and really bad (A* Maths, B English Lit. and E Physics).
Anyway, I really wanna do maths or something related to maths at uni and i'm worried my low physics grade will hold me back, so i'm strongly considering a foundation year.
however, what i'm wondering is which universities will allow me to transfer from a foundation year onto their course. All the forums answering this question are ancient, so i think the info may be outdated.
some advice and info would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks!
Al_the_Pal
Badges: 4
Rep:
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
(Original post by isara8482)
Hi
I did maths, chemistry and physics for my A levels and I was in the same position as you.
I currently do maths in University of Liverpool, and as far as i know university of Liverpool have a course where you can do a foundation year
Yeah, I did some poking around and I found a few, but I'm wondering which unis will let me transfer into year 1 of a degree after a 1 year foundation at a different institution.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Year 12s - where are you at with making decisions about university?

I’ve chosen my course and my university (8)
44.44%
I’ve chosen my course and shortlisted some universities (4)
22.22%
I’ve chosen my course, but not any universities (2)
11.11%
I’ve chosen my university, but not my course (0)
0%
I’ve shortlisted some universities, but not my course (0)
0%
I’m starting to consider my university options (3)
16.67%
I haven’t started thinking about university yet (0)
0%
I’m not planning on going to university (1)
5.56%

Watched Threads