Does A-levels matter if I am not going to uni?

Watch this thread
sunsetlover321
Badges: 14
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I am not going to uni and wanting to get a job (just a job not apprenticeship or anything) does A-levels matter?
O_O.
Badges: 9
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
Depends on the job. If that job doesn’t need a levels then, right now sure, a levels don’t matter.

Never know what might happen 2 years from now tho. Or even next year. May as well try your best while you can so you don’t have to waste time and money resitting.

As you get further away in years from your qualification, the less it’ll matter. Because, hopefully, in that time you’ll have achieved things that are more interesting/impressive/desirable to employers
spectrum84
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by sunsetlover321)
I am not going to uni and wanting to get a job (just a job not apprenticeship or anything) does A-levels matter?
Yes, A Levels can help you get a better job
Admit-One
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
As above, depends on the job. Generally speaking, the more senior the position, the higher the academic requirements will be. Some may ask for AL's but other will just be after GCSE's.
Caitlinnn.
Badges: 10
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Yes please don't not revise for your A levels just because you aren't going to uni. Although it will depend on the job, some will look at your past qualifications when considering your application so better A levels COULD boost your chances of getting the job. Also, past qualifications may be used if loads of people have applied and they need something to help decide who will get it, or a chance to get an interview.
However, at the same time if you are worried about A levels affecting your chance of getting a job, then don't worry because as people have already mentioned hopefully you will gain new qualifications and experience for future jobs that are considered more important than a levels to employers.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Were exams easier or harder than you expected?

Easier (65)
27.78%
As I expected (73)
31.2%
Harder (88)
37.61%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (8)
3.42%

Watched Threads