ocr physics

Watch this thread
hannahco
Badges: 8
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
hi, when do i use each of these equations highlighted ?
thank u
https://ibb.co/SvSS5f6
username5318474
Badges: 12
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 weeks ago
first one - when car on top of the hill or something similar.
second- a planet going around another object ie moon around earth
third - escape velocity for a planet with mass M
hannahco
Rep:
(Original post by speed_bird)
first one - when car on top of the hill or something similar.
second- a planet going around another object ie moon around earth
third - escape velocity for a planet with mass M
thank you
whats the velocity for the first 2 the velocity of ?
username5318474
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by hannahco)
thank you
whats the velocity for the first 2 the velocity of ?
1) velocity at whcih the vehicle loses contact with the road/ hill
2) the velocity of the object thats orbiting. in the case of the moon-earth system, it would be the velocity of the moon.
hannahco
Rep:
1) velocity at whcih the vehicle loses contact with the road/ hill
2) the velocity of the object thats orbiting. in the case of the moon-earth system, it would be the velocity of the moon.
thank u so much, and is an example of the third is escape velocity for example speed a satellite travels in the earth's atmosphere before it escapes the gravitational field of the earth ?
username5318474
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by hannahco)
thank u so much, and is an example of the third is escape velocity for example speed a satellite travels in the earth's atmosphere before it escapes the gravitational field of the earth ?
np. from google, escape velocity is the minimum velocity that an object should acquire to overcome the gravitational field of earth and fly to infinity without ever falling back. when i think of esc velo i usually imagine an object leaving the earths surface. but i am pretty sure ur example is correct.

check out the image on this site. the pink arrows from the satellite. so i guess u r correct. gl!
https://byjus.com/physics/escape-speed/
hannahco
Rep:
np. from google, escape velocity is the minimum velocity that an object should acquire to overcome the gravitational field of earth and fly to infinity without ever falling back. when i think of esc velo i usually imagine an object leaving the earths surface. but i am pretty sure ur example is correct.

check out the image on this site. the pink arrows from the satellite. so i guess u r correct. gl!
https://byjus.com/physics/escape-speed/
thanks again !! and u too
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Year 12s - where are you at with making decisions about university?

I’ve chosen my course and my university (14)
28%
I’ve chosen my course and shortlisted some universities (21)
42%
I’ve chosen my course, but not any universities (2)
4%
I’ve chosen my university, but not my course (2)
4%
I’ve shortlisted some universities, but not my course (4)
8%
I’m starting to consider my university options (6)
12%
I haven’t started thinking about university yet (0)
0%
I’m not planning on going to university (1)
2%

Watched Threads