Turn on thread page Beta

Try your best to switch to a Tier 1 University watch

ReputationRep:
    For those of you freshers who have been attending a Tier 2 university for the past month or so, please do not be dishearted, there is always a way out.

You can always re-apply to other (better) universities as an undergraduate. Just make sure you have the necessary A level grades and EC, even better if you play an instrument and attend charity work.

My friend's brother did just that in 2006. Went to ********** and then applied for LSE and actually got an offer (which allowed him to study as a 2nd year undergraduate there).

So in a nutshell, don't waste too much time in your local student union bar. There is always something better waiting ahead.

EDIT: Sorry for mentioning Birmingham, the name has now been replaced by ********** for the specified school to remain anonymous.

ReputationRep:
    Err what if people don't want to?

ReputationRep:
    Er, what's wrong with Birmingham? Maybe they want to stay at Birmingham?

ReputationRep:
    Nice one genius.

ReputationRep:
    oh dear.

ReputationRep:
    I thought we'd got rid of you too. Oh well that's double the judgemental, factually inaccurate drivel then.

ReputationRep:
    And what, pray tell, is a tier one university? Do I even want to know? Ugh, trolls.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChemistBoy)
    I thought we'd got rid of you too.
    Only temporarily, unfortunately.

ReputationRep:
    Am I alone in finding 'good' more bizarre and creepy than most other trolls?

ReputationRep:
    but the student bar, the bar, won't somebody think of the student bar

ReputationRep:
    *Awaits the exodus of Birmingham students*

*twiddles thumbs*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tomber)
    Am I alone in finding 'good' more bizarre and creepy than most other trolls?

How could my kind and benevolent character be compared to that of a bizarre and creepy "troll" ???

Or is it against the will of the majority of most British university undergraduates (here) to look for better, more prestigious alternatives, which will in turn provide them with access to a better, brighter future???

:o: :o: :o:

ReputationRep:
    i am pretty sure good is 12 years old....no one with the mental capacity of a 13 year old would post such drivel

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by good)
    That's what really creeps me out. Almost every post you make....

Anyway, no, it's just your idea of "tier one" universities is screwed. You fail to see beyond IB. I can assure you that the difference between the G5 (plus Warwick) and other "top" universities (including the Scottish ancients and a few redbricks) isn't huge.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by good)
    Or is it against the will of the majority of most British university undergraduates (here) to look for better, more prestigious alternatives, which will in turn provide them with access to a better, brighter future???

Damn, if only I'd known earlier. Now my entire future is ruined because you only joined TSR in August 2008.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by A Stranger in Moscow)
    Er, what's wrong with Birmingham? Maybe they want to stay at Birmingham?
    What a load of rubbish. Every Birmingham student is sitting in their room each night, carefuly carressing an LSE prospectus. Pining away, wondering what might have been......

But now they know their future isn't empty, there's still hope. Thanks good!

ReputationRep:
    I wish I could have gone to the LSE. I hear their chemistry department is amazing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by River85)
    What a load of rubbish. Every Birmingham student is sitting in their room each night, carefuly carressing an LSE prospectus. Pining away, wondering what might have been......
    :laugh:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChemistBoy)
    I wish I could have gone to the LSE. I hear their chemistry department is amazing.
    Really? Hmmm...I don't know anything about their chemistry department, but I've heard their physics department is good. Their planning department is just something else though, which brings me onto...

You've inspired me to better myself, good. Please reply to the PM. Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Ohh, only Tier 2 people can move up?
    What'll happen to us POOR ex-poly students? :eek:

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.