The Student Room Group

media studies a level WJEC

Does anyone know how to answer questions on industry in newspapers? Im doing the WJEC course and I'm really confused by what these questions mean and what to include:

Explain how digitally convergent media platforms changed news production and distribution.
and
Explain how the ownership of newspapers influences individual news producers.

for the last one do I need to include evidence from the newspapers?
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you've posted in the right place? :smile: Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there. :redface:
They word them so weirdly!
I think the first one just means 'how does technology effect the newspaper industry'--- so think social media news otlets take over from the print sales
The second one means 'how does the ownership of newspapers effect newspapers like the Times/The miiror' bascially. So yes refer to the newspapers and mention things like funding and integration.
Can i please ask where you got these questions and if you could send the rest to me for revision? thank you!!
Reply 3
Original post by Rachaelleahxx
They word them so weirdly!
I think the first one just means 'how does technology effect the newspaper industry'--- so think social media news otlets take over from the print sales
The second one means 'how does the ownership of newspapers effect newspapers like the Times/The miiror' bascially. So yes refer to the newspapers and mention things like funding and integration.
Can i please ask where you got these questions and if you could send the rest to me for revision? thank you!!

honestly I hate how they phrase questions in media
Reply 4
Idk
Just revise theory and context for industries and write down whatever

Quick Reply

Latest