Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Applying for a 6th form scholarship, and was told to do some research on the RAF, NATO etc. What are the main questions do you think that could possibly come up?

I want to apply (after A levels) for pilot / air traffic control officer, and i'm finding it hard on what to research?! I've been looking into the RAF as a whole, but I need to know what could come up!

Thanks for the help

Oh, forgot to mention, it's for my filter interview on the 21st November
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    Welcome to the subforum. Start with the stickies at the top of the page, then get friendly with the "search" button!

Sounds like you need to start by reading up on the OASC procedure, which will then give you a better idea of what you need to research. There's a lot of information on the specifics of interview questions, including common ones on NATO etc, in various threads around here. In general, if you can learn the maximum you can about NATO and the RAF, that's a better way to do it rather than looking at how to answer specific questions.

Go and do some reading, then pop back if you have any specific questions, and someone'll be happy to help.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks, at the moment im looking at NATO, the website seems really helpful!
    For the scholarship, how much are they expecting you to know? I will try and know as much as possible of course.
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    It's not that sort of interview; there's not a certain amount of knowledge, and if you have that you pass and if you don't you fail. It's not as coarse as that. What they'll do is test your knowledge to destruction so they'll get right down to exactly how much you do know, and the more the better. We can't tell you how much you need though!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources

Articles:

Guide to the armed forcesGuide to the Royal Air ForceA job in the Army

Featured recruiter profiles:

Army logo

The Army is recruiting now

"With hundreds of roles available, there’s more than one way to be the best."

Quick Link:

Unanswered Armed Forces Threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.