RAF 6th Form Scholarship Watch

furry747
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
Applying for a 6th form scholarship, and was told to do some research on the RAF, NATO etc. What are the main questions do you think that could possibly come up?

I want to apply (after A levels) for pilot / air traffic control officer, and i'm finding it hard on what to research?! I've been looking into the RAF as a whole, but I need to know what could come up!

Thanks for the help

Oh, forgot to mention, it's for my filter interview on the 21st November
Wzz
  • CV Helper
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Welcome to the subforum. Start with the stickies at the top of the page, then get friendly with the "search" button!

Sounds like you need to start by reading up on the OASC procedure, which will then give you a better idea of what you need to research. There's a lot of information on the specifics of interview questions, including common ones on NATO etc, in various threads around here. In general, if you can learn the maximum you can about NATO and the RAF, that's a better way to do it rather than looking at how to answer specific questions.

Go and do some reading, then pop back if you have any specific questions, and someone'll be happy to help.
furry747
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
Thanks, at the moment im looking at NATO, the website seems really helpful!
For the scholarship, how much are they expecting you to know? I will try and know as much as possible of course.
Wzz
  • CV Helper
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
It's not that sort of interview; there's not a certain amount of knowledge, and if you have that you pass and if you don't you fail. It's not as coarse as that. What they'll do is test your knowledge to destruction so they'll get right down to exactly how much you do know, and the more the better. We can't tell you how much you need though!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Did you get less than your required grades and still get into university?

Yes (71)
30.21%
No - I got the required grades (133)
56.6%
No - I missed the required grades and didn't get in (31)
13.19%

Watched Threads