The Student Room Group

Your team's best and worst moment of 2021/22

Best: The 5-0 hammering of Manchester United at Old Trafford.
Worst: The home draw with Brighton. This may be one of the key games we lost the league in.
Best: The end.
Worst: All of it.

It's been a year to forget for us.
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by sr90
Best: The end.
Worst: All of it.

It's been a year to forget for us.

Just fortunate that Moyes screwed up a 1-0 lead in the last game otherwise Europa Conference qualification would've been hilarious.

I would've thought the transfer window was the best bit when Man Utd fans thought they had "won" by snatching Ronaldo from Man City and signing Sancho and Varane.
Scottish cup winners
Europa League cup finalists runners up on penalties
Just missed out on winning the league title again but always next season.

And also seeing Liverpool doing magnificently well with attempting to win four major trophies.
Reply 4
Now a new worst: Losing the CL final.
Yea losing the final was the worst moment of the season.

Best moment was 99% of the season. 63 games, only 4 losses. Mental.
Best: 3-2 win against Villa.
Worst: Getting knocked out of the UCL by Real Madrid in the semis.
(edited 1 year ago)
Reply 7
Original post by Zerforax
Yea losing the final was the worst moment of the season.

Best moment was 99% of the season. 63 games, only 4 losses. Mental.

The very best one should be the 5-0 win at Old Trafford?
Reply 8
Original post by sufys
Best: 3-2 win at Villa.
Worst: Getting knocked out of the UCL by Real Madrid in the semis.

The win vs Villa is at home btw
Original post by 8013
Best: The 5-0 hammering of Manchester United at Old Trafford.
Worst: The home draw with Brighton. This may be one of the key games we lost the league in.

Best: Holding the bindippers at home and Anfield to a draw, so they wouldn't win the league
Worst: Any game under Nuno "I can't play attacking football to save my life" Santo
Original post by 8013
The very best one should be the 5-0 win at Old Trafford?

Beating a mid-table side 5-0 isn't that big achievement.

We played 63 games, only lost 4 games all season. Reached 3 cup finals (winning 2) and also took the league to the final 20 minutes of the season.
Original post by McDonaldsEmploy
Best: Holding the bindippers at home and Anfield to a draw, so they wouldn't win the league
Worst: Any game under Nuno "I can't play attacking football to save my life" Santo

Well that is obviously a lie. Best moment for Spurs was winning the 4th place trophy.

Even if not that, it would be beating Arsenal, after they cried wolf with 1 covid positive test and had the match delayed.
Original post by 8013
The win vs Villa is at home btw

Yes, I know. I just said "at" to mean versus/against for some reason. I'll edit it now.
Well that is obviously a lie. Best moment for Spurs was winning the 4th place trophy.

Even if not that, it would be beating Arsenal, after they cried wolf with 1 covid positive test and had the match delayed.

nah, we did the league a favour.

i expect some gratitude to spurs.
Original post by McDonaldsEmploy
nah, we did the league a favour.

i expect some gratitude to spurs.

Paul Tierney (ref) and Chris Kavanagh (VAR ref) deserve more plaudits for not giving a blatent handball against Rodri in the 85th minute when Man City won 1-0 against Everton. That would've sucked more momentum out of Man City (and 2 less points).
Paul Tierney (ref) and Chris Kavanagh (VAR ref) deserve more plaudits for not giving a blatent handball against Rodri in the 85th minute when Man City won 1-0 against Everton. That would've sucked more momentum out of Man City (and 2 less points).

fair play, fair play i know when i've met my match

Quick Reply

Latest