Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I don't remember that?

I've had

Dunlop SP's
    Toyo Proxis
    Firestone
    and a set of "Gahja Tungal" which were crap but gave off HUGE amounts of smoke.

ReputationRep:
    Umm, maybe it was someone else then.

My memory is not the best, thought it was you, ah well doesn't matter.

I still think you shouldn't skimp on rubber tho.

ReputationRep:
    Agree.

Mickey Thompson make the best tyres.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gbduo)
    I still think you shouldn't skimp on rubber tho.
    im not either. but you have to be proportional to the car and its uses is all im saying.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lara C.)
    im not either. but you have to be proportional to the car and its uses is all im saying.
    why?

I agree with use, but what do you mean by proportional to the car?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gbduo)
    why?

I agree with use, but what do you mean by proportional to the car?
    well its pretty obvious. you dont go and put Eagle F1's on a corsa. nor do i need to put Pilots on my car. its just not worth it. i can put Maxxis on, they will last just as if not longer than the Pilots, will never fail, give more than enough traction in all conditions and cost alot less. thats the basics of it and the same applys to all cars including yours but in different proportions.

the only reason you want branded tyres on your car is for the snob value. if you dont like the cheapo's you had before because of the wet then just try another set. its the same as shopping at M&S for students when you can shop at Tesco's. the food at Tesco's is not going to kill you and it tastes just fine.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lara C.)
    well its pretty obvious. you dont go and put Eagle F1's on a corsa. nor do i need to put Pilots on my car. its just not worth it. i can put Maxxis on, they will last just as if not longer than the Pilots, will never fail, give more than enough traction in all conditions and cost alot less. thats the basics of it and the same applys to all cars including yours but in different proportions.

the only reason you want branded tyres on your car is for the snob value. if you dont like the cheapo's you had before because of the wet then just try another set. its the same as shopping at M&S for students when you can shop at Tesco's. the food at Tesco's is not going to kill you and it tastes just fine.
    Ah ok, gotcha.

Yeh thats fair enough, I like snob value :p:

Besides they are OEM tyres so, not going to change from OEM until they wea r out.

ReputationRep:
    To the OP

I went out of my way to provide you with valid information which is nethier retartded or pointless. You are eithier retarded or you think you are right so bullshi**ed my advice. You quite clearly don't have a clue what you are talking about anyway.

Cheers for the neg rep btw.
    "It isn't help when you provide retarded and pointless statements"

ReputationRep:
    Snob value?

I don't think so, if you have to drive on a **** road a lot (especially in the winter), like I will to work every day, I'd like to know I have good quality tyres as they are the only thing in contact with the road.

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.