Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TOSCS)
    White, but there is a red one (called 'Cream') which is €4.99

It's "fortified wine", I think it's for cooking or something O_o it's British so I'd imagine you can get it in England... funny that it's not very popular over here considering the city I live in is full of students and also very expensive like €8 for a naggin of vodka, which I'd pay £3 for in London.
    Wow, that wine sounds really cool. I'll have a look for it next time I'm in the supermarket.

ReputationRep:
    about a 35cl hitflask is good its about 14 units. i wouldnt advise more than a litre!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sulpicia)
    Vodka is dangerous stuff neat...400 mls should be plenty. Half that if you are new to the stuff
    It's more dangerous mixed really. At least if you drink a bottle neat you might either throw up, not finish it, or just fall asleep. If you're mixing it with Red Bull or Coke or something you're still drinking as much but also end up hyper, hopping off the walls. You can also drink it faster mixed which is worse.

What do you guys call the different sizes?

Those tiny bottles (double measure) I'd call a baby or a mini (http://i263.photobucket.com/albums/i...74e54385ef.jpg)

The next one up (the smallest proper bottle you can get) I'd call a naggin:
    http://www.foodstandards.gov.uk/mult...erkirov20cl.jp

The next one (350ml I think) I'd call a shoulder (don't have pics but it's the chunky one, called a shoulder cause the top of the bottle looks like that).

Then you get your 70cl and litre bottles, then the pub size 3L ones with the upside label for the optics.

ReputationRep:
    A litre was the most I have ever drunk, gj job I was with 2 girls who carried me home lol.

I was saying;

'Save me'

'Die'

'999'

that was my vocab for the whole night, couldn't move... etc....

on reflection it was the funniest night ever, but at the time it sucked

ReputationRep:
    Well, if you're mixing your own drinks and the vodka begins to slosh into the glass, you're probably putting too much in.

ReputationRep:
    Couple of years ago when I was 15, and every saturday me and my mates would go up a skate park and get slaughtered, I took it too far. we bought 2 litre bottles between 4 of us, I hid 1 bottle, drank half of the other then drank the whole litre I hid, tbh I couldn't even remember drinking the litre afterwards because I was already pissed after the half litre.

My god that day was a blast.

It's only recently I've started drinking vodka again, but only like shots or vodka and red bull, this is when i'm up Hanley though.

To OP, if you've not drank it before, go easy!

Plus I find I get pissed a whole lot quicker when I'm at home/house party then when i'm out up the clubs.

ReputationRep:
    I hope the OP hasn't collapsed somewhere.

ReputationRep:
    It we get a message left on here which is just

"HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHHHH..... etc"

then im going to guess he collapsed on his keyboard.

I drank to much vodka as a kid, i got drunk and my mum had to collect me from a party after throwing up everywhere, i cant drink it straight now, have to have mixers in it.

ReputationRep:
    When you feel like you're going to die and go to heaven, you're one quadrouple vodka away from the sweet spot.

When you're bent over a toilet in the back of a seedy club, you've gone one quadrouple vodka too far.

Find your limit.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RightSaidJames)
    Well, if you're mixing your own drinks and the vodka begins to slosh into the glass, you're probably putting too much in.
    hehe this is very true, unfortunately by that time i generally don't notice the massive sploshes of vodka down my dress until i see the photos the next day

and as for how much vodka you can drink well umm the other night we were playing irish vodka snap. the next morning i woke up to 5 empty bottles of vodka, 3 empty pepsi, 2 friends passed out in my bed and one in the hallway, judge that as you wish but we are all still alive so no damage done :^_^:

ReputationRep:
    I like it how everyone talks in measures... Over here the barstaff just fill half a glass and throw it in your direction so each 1 drink is usually around 3-4 shots depending on the gender of the person serving

ReputationRep:
    I drank half a bottle in half an hour and I didn't die!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BillyMarsh)
    I like it how everyone talks in measures... Over here the barstaff just fill half a glass and throw it in your direction so each 1 drink is usually around 3-4 shots depending on the gender of the person serving
    Theres strict laws over here governing how much alcohol they put into drinks, all the bottles have little nozzels on to give them exact measures, its quiet annoying, i want more drink then what i paid for!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Untitled258)
    Theres strict laws over here governing how much alcohol they put into drinks, all the bottles have little nozzels on to give them exact measures, its quiet annoying, i want more drink then what i paid for!
    Theres like one bar here (that I know of) where they do 'correct' measures... Very very empty...

One thing I'm not looking forward to about Uni is having to spend so much more to get drunk :P

Then when I come back here for xmas i'll be a lightweight compared to everyone lol :P Devolution!!!

ReputationRep:
    Theres like one bar here (that I know of) where they do 'correct' measures... Very very empty...

One thing I'm not looking forward to about Uni is having to spend so much more to get drunk :P

Then when I come back here for xmas i'll be a lightweight compared to everyone lol :P Devolution!!!
    Being a light weight is good.

If i have £50 a week (hahhaha) budget when im at uni, i can spend £20 on a night out and the rest on food and materials for the week, where as other people get drunk that night and dont eat :yep:

ReputationRep:
    Being a light weight is good.

If i have £50 a week (hahhaha) budget when im at uni, i can spend £20 on a night out and the rest on food and materials for the week, where as other people get drunk that night and dont eat :yep:
    I'm gonna stock up on thinners

The food aspect may lead me to become teetotal, pot noodles can become expensive!

ReputationRep:
    I'm gonna stock up on thinners

The food aspect may lead me to become teetotal, pot noodles can become expensive!
    Its lead to me being tee-total, ish anyway, not been out since may or so, not even for freshers. I need a job just so i can buy a pint haha.

ReputationRep:
    Its lead to me being tee-total, ish anyway, not been out since may or so, not even for freshers. I need a job just so i can buy a pint haha.
    Well best of luck to you :P

I still have to be accepted first before I can plan my thinners binge.

ReputationRep:
    I learned through trial and error

If you're taking shots, just remember it suddenly hits you, it's not like a gradual progression, one second you're alright and next you've had far too much. Get a good meal down you and see what happens

ReputationRep:
    Pop pills instead, or better yet try DMT.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.