The Student Room Group

Final Exams - Year 10 GCSE Mocks

Hi,

I am a year 10 student & will be completing GCSE mock exams for my end-of-year/final exams.
My science end-of-year/final exams will be in a month (or less) & I would like advice on how to revise for them.
They're paper 1 exams & we haven't properly covered these topics in a year (due to covid, etc.)
I am already a smart, set 1 (higher) student but would appreciate advice as I would like to maintain this & do well.
Btw, I would like help with how to efficiently note-take all of these topics in this time (including a 1-week half term).
Original post by Studying.Now
Hi,

I am a year 10 student & will be completing GCSE mock exams for my end-of-year/final exams.
My science end-of-year/final exams will be in a month (or less) & I would like advice on how to revise for them.
They're paper 1 exams & we haven't properly covered these topics in a year (due to covid, etc.)
I am already a smart, set 1 (higher) student but would appreciate advice as I would like to maintain this & do well.
Btw, I would like help with how to efficiently note-take all of these topics in this time (including a 1-week half term).

Do past papers from wherever you can find them (revisionworld.com is great) and skip out any questions that you cannot do. After this look at the mark scheme. It is equally as important as you become more aware as to what an examiner is looking for when it comes to answers. As for note taking, make them clear and concise. Don't directly quote a textbook or source, take out any unnecessary information so when it comes to reviewing notes next year and later this year you can revise effectively. I'm doing my GCSEs at the moment and something I regret is not making notes clear (earlier like in y9) and including lots of unneeded information. Hope this helps and let me know if you want more resources (I have saved a lot of things over the past 2 years). Good Luck =D

Quick Reply

Latest