How to revise the correct way/what am i doing wrong for maths.

Watch this thread
Rainyzack
Badges: 12
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I dont know what im doing wrong. I done a lot of math revision. I did past paper, did everything i need to know on math genie. I also did a lot of practise papers. But despite this when i did the 2022 math higher paper. I did so bad. I think i got between 40-50. I really want a grade 8-9. So i can do the subject i want in a levels. From someone who got grade 8-9 last year. Or found this latest math paper really easy what did you do to revise?
booklover1313
Badges: 19
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Rainyzack)
I dont know what im doing wrong. I done a lot of math revision. I did past paper, did everything i need to know on math genie. I also did a lot of practise papers. But despite this when i did the 2022 math higher paper. I did so bad. I think i got between 40-50. I really want a grade 8-9. So i can do the subject i want in a levels. From someone who got grade 8-9 last year. Or found this latest math paper really easy what did you do to revise?
Are you making similar mistakes? If there are topics that you always find tricky, go back and look at your notes and do more questions specifically on that to help. Youtube is often good.

One thing that helps me is to write on a large post-it note all the 'learning points/things to remember' from each past paper that I do. So when you are looking back, you know the key things to learn from the past paper e.g. remember to + c when integrating, or remember that tangents will have the same gradient as the curve at the point where they intersect'
Rainyzack
Rep:
(Original post by booklover1313)
Are you making similar mistakes? If there are topics that you always find tricky, go back and look at your notes and do more questions specifically on that to help. Youtube is often good.

One thing that helps me is to write on a large post-it note all the 'learning points/things to remember' from each past paper that I do. So when you are looking back, you know the key things to learn from the past paper e.g. remember to + c when integrating, or remember that tangents will have the same gradient as the curve at the point where they intersect'
Thanks for the tips. I try those out and hopefully i can get 60+ in paper 2-3
Skiwi
Badges: 13
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Are there any specific topics you struggle with? Do you tend to make a lot of small mistakes?

Remember you have only sat one paper, so you've only done 33% of the gcse. 40-50 marks is probably a 6-7 so you can easily pull it back, also bear in mind if you came out of the exam feeling bad you might be more inclined to assume you did worse than you did( i know this happens to me a lot).

What do you need the 8-9 for? iirc maths a-level requires a 7.
Rainyzack
Rep:
(Original post by Skiwi)
Are there any specific topics you struggle with? Do you tend to make a lot of small mistakes?

Remember you have only sat one paper, so you've only done 33% of the gcse. 40-50 marks is probably a 6-7 so you can easily pull it back, also bear in mind if you came out of the exam feeling bad you might be more inclined to assume you did worse than you did( i know this happens to me a lot).

What do you need the 8-9 for? iirc maths a-level requires a 7.
I want to do further maths for a level. Since I enjoy math and want to continue it. Also because I want to do engineering in the future. But to do it in my school I need a 8-9. I don’t really struggle with most subject sometimes there are just complicated questions I’m in able to answer. Mainly because I don’t read them properly. Hopefully your right and I did better than I think.
Skiwi
Badges: 13
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
I want to do further maths for a level. Since I enjoy math and want to continue it. Also because I want to do engineering in the future. But to do it in my school I need a 8-9. I don’t really struggle with most subject sometimes there are just complicated questions I’m in able to answer. Mainly because I don’t read them properly. Hopefully your right and I did better than I think.
Fair enough, further is the most enjoyable subject out of the ones I do so I can definitely recommend it.

If you have time to spare in exams it might be worth reading the question through twice, I always feel like the second read through gives me a far better idea of what the question wants.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Does school Maths prepare people well enough for the future?

Yes, it gives everyone a good foundation for any future path (40)
32.79%
Somewhat, if your future involves maths/STEM (55)
45.08%
No, it doesn't teach enough practical life skills (26)
21.31%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (1)
0.82%

Watched Threads