Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Would it be bad to sleep with my ex who loves someone else watch

Announcements

Its anon since friends use this and wil lrecognize my name.

Basically, I love my ex. And I told him this cos he told me he loved this girl, so i had to tell him else cos i dont wanna keep it bottled up

anywho, we're still close as ever but thing is he seems to be starting to not like her as much cos she *****es at him so much and they keep arguing (apparently loads more than when we did when we were together), and in fact, he wants to start having casual sex here and there, which hes asked for ages, but i cant help but wonder if combined with the arguing and then him sleeping with me (cos he does still like me ), that he'd end up going off her?

Or is it a bad idea?

ReputationRep:
    Don't do it.
    Trust me, i know from experience.

ReputationRep:
    don't do it.

ReputationRep:
    dont do it, tell him he is either with her or you not both

ReputationRep:
    Morality is relative; do whatever you feel like doing.

I could just wait it out, see if he just gets fed up with her. See, i also dont want a boyfriend cos I want to focus on college this year, so its not like I want to be in a relationship with him (Ok i do but still), so surely it'd be nice to sleep with him and not also have to be committed to him? I cant afford to commit a lot of time to anyone right now, hence why I broke up with my most recent boyfriend (though also cos i love my ex). It sucks cos whenever he wanted to get back with me, i didnt want to, and whenever i wanted to, he didnt want a relationship. its rubbish

ReputationRep:
    go for it ....

ReputationRep:
    You sound like you still like him so therefore casual sex will only end one way:

you in tears.

Sorry but true - don't do it.

ReputationRep:
    Bad idea, your feelings will develop further when they should be dying away and he will end up torn and feeling like he can't be near either of you.

He wants casual sex because he is a guy, not because he loves you (I suspect).

If you want to stick it out and wait, please do not try to flirt with him or drop hints, they will only confuse him further. If/When he and his current partner split up, he may come to you to pick up the pieces - but until then, I'd try to remove him romantically from the mind.

Oh I forgot to mention, theyre not together. She's suddenly decided to tell him she loves him after all these years or whatever

ReputationRep:
    Do it, don't forget you had him first! :hmmm:

(Original post by Psorian)
    Do it, don't forget you had him first! :hmmm:
    Damn straight. Its annoying cos he was saying he really liked me and stuff, then the next week, hes going on about some girl who was his mate who is in love with him, but he never bothered to get with her like years ago or something.

If they argue more than me and him did, their whatever-it-is is so doomed I think...

I'm quite confused as to what to do

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Damn straight. Its annoying cos he was saying he really liked me and stuff, then the next week, hes going on about some girl who was his mate who is in love with him, but he never bothered to get with her like years ago or something.

If they argue more than me and him did, their whatever-it-is is so doomed I think...

I'm quite confused as to what to do
    that girl must've lured him or something:hmmm:, i say do something about it fast
    Yes you show them hows it's done, their whatever is doomed!

(Original post by Veni_vidi)
    that girl must've lured him or something:hmmm:, i say do something about it fast
    Yes you show them hows it's done, their whatever is doomed!
    Lol I honestly can't work out if you're being sarcastic or not.
    Either way, she seems like a cow. hes a nice guy and he doesnt deserve her *****ing at him every second of the day

ReputationRep:
    Do It

ReputationRep:
    How is it good??

(Original post by chaywa)
    How is it good??
    I dunno, sex with him is really good admittedly and I haven't had sex in months so it might make me less stressed out in these few stressful months coming up. And secondly, I'm slightly clinging onto the hope that'll it'll make him choose me, combined with him once saying he loved me, me telling him I love him, me actually enjoying chatting to me than her, and her being a *****...etc etc.

Who knows though. I'm probably just being ridiculous.

This is depressing

ReputationRep:
    Bad idea. Nothing good can really come out of this, nothing good that lasts for more than an hour anyway.

ReputationRep:
    1) Don't sleep with him until he's broken up with her or until he starts sleeping with others/wanting to sleep with you.

2) Don't sleep with him if he just want's casual sex, you'll get hurt. Sleeping with him WILL NOT make him want you back.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 12, 2008
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.