language paper 1 question 5

Watch this thread
_lolz
Badges: 11
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I did my language paper 1 last week and I chose the description. My description was very loosely based off of the picture - it was a room that looked very different/absurd. I described the contrasting settings that you could see outside the windows of the room. It didn't really describe the room itself but since it in the question it says 'suggested by this picture' do you think it's okay? The main theme was about differences in the question and I included that in my answer but didn't really describe how different the room looked it was more about the contrasting landscapes that you could see from outside of it.
tinyperson
Badges: 18
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
Heya.
Hopefully your answer will be marked as good. What this type of question really is testing is your ability to think quickly outside of the box. For example if I encountered that kind of question I would firstly collect my ideas and make a list to use in order to answer the question. Reading the question is key.
_lolz
Rep:
(Original post by tinyperson)
Heya.
Hopefully your answer will be marked as good. What this type of question really is testing is your ability to think quickly outside of the box. For example if I encountered that kind of question I would firstly collect my ideas and make a list to use in order to answer the question. Reading the question is key.
Do you think I will be marked down for it at all? If you think I will be, do you know how many marks I will be marked down by?
tinyperson
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by _lolz)
Do you think I will be marked down for it at all? If you think I will be, do you know how many marks I will be marked down by?
Hopefully not many.
_lolz
Rep:
(Original post by tinyperson)
Hopefully not many.
so do you think I could lose marks for not blatantly describing what was in the picture and what I could see? I just imagined things that were outside the room from the 2 windows and linked that to the question of 'differences' because it said 'as suggested by the picture'. Is that too risky?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Does school Maths prepare people well enough for the future?

Yes, it gives everyone a good foundation for any future path (40)
32.79%
Somewhat, if your future involves maths/STEM (55)
45.08%
No, it doesn't teach enough practical life skills (26)
21.31%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (1)
0.82%

Watched Threads