I am currently in my Alevel exam period and I am going to fail everything, need help!

Watch this thread
urmomsspaghetti
Badges: 0
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
I have already posted this but it went to the mental health forum

I feel like I have no options, what should I do?

A bit of background I suffer from a medical condition which I got diagnosed with at the end of year 12. I feel like this affected me throughout year 12 and year 13 which has led me to doing poorly in my two years of study at school. I am extremely underprepared for my upcoming exams and I am for sure going to fail them all. I know that my medical condition is improving as I will soon be off the medication that is causing side effects so I know that I have potential to do well - my gcse grades are above average. But as of now I have no idea what to do as I feel like there's nothing left for me. Has anyone gone through something similar and do you have any tips or plans of action for me?
Arkcano
Badges: 9
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by urmomsspaghetti)
I have already posted this but it went to the mental health forum

I feel like I have no options, what should I do?

A bit of background I suffer from a medical condition which I got diagnosed with at the end of year 12. I feel like this affected me throughout year 12 and year 13 which has led me to doing poorly in my two years of study at school. I am extremely underprepared for my upcoming exams and I am for sure going to fail them all. I know that my medical condition is improving as I will soon be off the medication that is causing side effects so I know that I have potential to do well - my gcse grades are above average. But as of now I have no idea what to do as I feel like there's nothing left for me. Has anyone gone through something similar and do you have any tips or plans of action for me?
Most important tip: Revise your portion again and at least do the most recent past papers try to do 3 or 4 minimum. This will give you a better idea of what type of answers examiners look for. You may get an added advantage when a similar question shows up. Wishing you all the best. I too am a bit under prepared and my a level boards start in 2 days
mersznn
Badges: 3
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
I’m in the exact same position as you, i was discharged from the hospital a couple days ago, i’ve already taken two exams which i’m certain i’ve failed and i feel so horrible physically and mentally. i’m so sad because i had so much academic potential and it’s all gone to waste because of my illness
Last edited by mersznn; 4 weeks ago
Plasticplants
Badges: 8
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
My situation is different (no medical problems. I wasn't allowed to attend to attend school, cos my parents are really strict and religious. Kinda messed me up education-wise).
Currently doing my A levels, and they are going terribly. I don't even want to keep doing the exams, cos I know it's only gonna get worse, but I'm just gonna keep going.
My plan is to resit next year. I don't really want to, kinda hate it, but I think it's my only option. I know I can do so much better, so I gonna get myself some tutors and resit. At least I can work this coming year as well, so I won't be completely broke by the time I go to uni.

Keep studying for the exams you have now. Go over wny notes you have, and do questions from past papers. But keep in mind that you can resit. It kinda feels like the end of the world, but eventually it will be okay. So don't put too much pressure on yourself. Just do what you can now, then do what you need to do next year to make the situation better. You'll get through it xx
Last edited by Plasticplants; 4 weeks ago
mersznn
Badges: 3
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Plasticplants)
My situation is different (no medical problems. I wasn't allowed to attend to attend school, cos my parents are really strict and religious. Kinda messed me up education-wise).
Currently doing my A levels, and they are going terribly. I don't even want to keep doing the exams, cos I know it's only gonna get worse, but I'm just gonna keep going.
My plan is to resit next year. I don't really want to, kinda hate it, but I think it's my only option. I know I can do so much better, so I gonna get myself some tutors and resit. At least I can work this coming year as well, so I won't be completely broke by the time I go to uni.

Keep studying for the exams you have now. Go over wny notes you have, and do questions from past papers. But keep in mind that you can resit. It kinda feels like the end of the world, but eventually it will be okay. So don't put too much pressure on yourself. Just do what you can now, then do what you need to do next year to make the situation better. You'll get through it xx
I’m also probably going to do the same thing and retake the year but as a private candidate, although i am gutted that i’m wasting a year, this is a life lesson and sometimes things are out of your control, i’ve heard many success stories of people who retook, education doesn’t have an age limit
Arkcano
Badges: 9
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Plasticplants)

Guys i want you all to be aware that taking a gap year isn't a bad thing. Its not a waste of a year. I'm sure you would rather wait a year and apply as a stronger candidate than apply with a weak score and struggle. I do recommend you all that if you decide to resit the examinations spread it out. I had to resit bio because i got a B and i needed an above 90% in as levels to get into my uni. My friend had to resit almost all his subjects. I realised that if you spread your exams out a bit it will be less of a burden. Anyways one year it will take. Instead of waiting till next year june to sit the exams do a few in october, then another few in jan and another few in june. This will you will spread the burden out and get around 3 months to prepare per subject. I have some good tutors i can suggest to you for chemistry, physics and bio. Do let me know. send me a private message if will respond asap. If not dont worry my boards end on june 16th i will definitely come back to see the messages.

I found this tutor online and im not advertising something. She is genuinely good and teaches many students from different boards. I live in a completely diff country from her yet we have a fixed time and the most important point is she will make you understand the concept by asking you random questions to see your understanding and will not proceed if you havent understood.
Last edited by Arkcano; 4 weeks ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Year 12s - where are you at with making decisions about university?

I’ve chosen my course and my university (8)
44.44%
I’ve chosen my course and shortlisted some universities (4)
22.22%
I’ve chosen my course, but not any universities (2)
11.11%
I’ve chosen my university, but not my course (0)
0%
I’ve shortlisted some universities, but not my course (0)
0%
I’m starting to consider my university options (3)
16.67%
I haven’t started thinking about university yet (0)
0%
I’m not planning on going to university (1)
5.56%

Watched Threads