should i go to the doctor?

Watch this thread
nareony
Badges: 13
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I've been pulling my hair from the roots for so long i cant remember if it's been almost a year or just over.
Also i scratch my head like the scabs, and it's so distracting, like I can't stop myself.
when I'm doing my h/w , my attention span drops and i just sit and pick at my hair for ages, my hairs becoming more and more with less volume.
i also pickat my skin
I tried tying it up and wearing a hat but it doesnt work
What should i do : (
i even do it at school now
Last edited by nareony; 1 month ago
LawrencePG
Badges: 3
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
It's always worth calling your GP if you suspect that anything's up!
Mental health has got to take priority dude! Call in with the NHS or 111 or something along those lines and try and get some help.
Ray_Wood
Badges: 2
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by nareony)
I've been pulling my hair from the roots for so long i cant remember if it's been almost a year or just over.
Also i scratch my head like the scabs, and it's so distracting, like I can't stop myself.
when I'm doing my h/w , my attention span drops and i just sit and pick at my hair for ages, my hairs becoming more and more with less volume.
i also pickat my skin
I tried tying it up and wearing a hat but it doesnt work
What should i do : (
i even do it at school now
it sounds like trichotillomania and dermotillomania, my sister suffers with this condition for many years. it is quite a prevalent condition but a taboo subject. it is more common among females. CBT (cognitive behavioural therapy) has been found to be quite useful, meditation also helps. try to find something to keep your hands busy for example taking up drawing or painting, sewing. I am happy to put you in touch with people who suffer with this, just let me know.
nareony
Badges: 13
Rep:
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by Ray_Wood)
it sounds like trichotillomania and dermotillomania, my sister suffers with this condition for many years. it is quite a prevalent condition but a taboo subject. it is more common among females. CBT (cognitive behavioural therapy) has been found to be quite useful, meditation also helps. try to find something to keep your hands busy for example taking up drawing or painting, sewing. I am happy to put you in touch with people who suffer with this, just let me know.
Thank You so much, I will try to do stuff like painting but the thing is that even when I'm doing work like my homework then I can't focus and then i just sit and pick my hair
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Does school Maths prepare people well enough for the future?

Yes, it gives everyone a good foundation for any future path (23)
33.33%
Somewhat, if your future involves maths/STEM (31)
44.93%
No, it doesn't teach enough practical life skills (14)
20.29%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (1)
1.45%

Watched Threads