This discussion is closed.
saiyamanadingdongbanana
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by gossip_girl)
im in yr 11 so its not like theres loads to go
Even an hours worth of effort can be the difference between 1 grade and another . Wonderin, u stayin on in 6th form?
roff
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
i go to a all girls school!

just out of curiosity, are a lot of girls there lesbian?
M-J
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by ramroff)
just out of curiosity, are a lot of girls there lesbian?
what sorta a question is tht......
most of the girls in my school are bi or at least "experimental".....
roff
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by M-J)
what sorta a question is tht......
most of the girls in my school are bi or at least "experimental".....
you go to an all chicks sch too?
Ghost
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Gossip Girl, you skip school, and almost got pregnant? And you clame not to be a chav?
roff
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Ghost)
Gossip Girl, you skip school, and almost got pregnant? And you clame not to be a chav?

I think she is TSR's symbol of chavness
pink_lucie
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 14 years ago
(Original post by lessthanthree)
How well are you doing in school? Seriously?

-

I LOVED my all girls school. you have little idea of how lucky you are.

But, yeah..how well are you doing generally, in lessons?
well for my predicted grades im getting D/C'S and only C's if i work like hell

anyway its not like i havent done anything 'productive' i went out got some credit, bread,bagles and some porage lol i love porage
nikk
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
i cant help bunking off school, i should be in today and fri and i went in late on thrus, i really dont know what to do cos its not like i do any school work when i bunk off, its really annoying me now, all help is needed
Oh well, the worse that could happen is you will fail all your exams and you not have any proof of an education.
alkaeda
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
without school in ur teens where will you get to later in life? a dustbin lady? mcdonalds full time sales assistant? think about the consequences...

i second the post above, girl u still have time to fix things and be successful
Tribi18
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
i cant help bunking off school, i should be in today and fri and i went in late on thrus, i really dont know what to do cos its not like i do any school work when i bunk off, its really annoying me now, all help is needed
its not too bad at college cos most of the time if your timetabel isn't too full up u can have afternoons or mornings off.. and sometimes if lessons plan out u get a full day off (not had that luxery'sp' yet!)
Jus keep at it because if u don't get too gooder marks u might not be able to do what you want to do in life.. GCSEs r quite important even though people say there not.
lost_puppy
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I was ill during my GCSE period, and afterwards, just lacked motivation so hardly went in at all...I even went in late for a double maths on wednesday, kinda freaky!

But, I worked and tried to catch up all the stuff I missed...months of it, and managed to scrape 4As and 5Bs, which was a HUGE shock, a very good one!

You can still do it, I missed months of school and I presume your GCSEs start in May. I think you needthe core subjects at Grade C and as they're predicted, I suggest you concentrate on them, prioritise!

You will feel better once you start, although it's very difficult. Don't put it off, start now! You need a bit of momentum, that's all.
Onearmedbandit
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I think what you should try to do is look at education for what it is, rather than think 'oh it's school it's boring and ****ty'. Try to develop real interests in some of your subjects. For me at school, music, history, IT, science... all of these I found really interesting which helped me work at them harder.

Many people continue to educate themselves even after they have finished their degree, simply because they like learning about things.

I wish schools would say this stuff more and get students to understand why education is important. It's not that they want to make you bored and stressed. They want you to discover what you like and what you're good at so you can make something of yourself in life
glance
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Onearmedbandit)
I wish schools would say this stuff more and get students to understand why education is important. It's not that they want to make you bored and stressed. They want you to discover what you like and what you're good at so you can make something of yourself in life
Yeh I agree with this. When you're doing work for GCSEs you think that you have to go to school because it's boring- it's because it can actually be interesting. I didn't really understand this during GCSEs, but I do now- it's just a shame that A and AS-levels are hard Makes it difficult for them to be interesting (though biology actually is, surprisingly)
technik
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
congratulations on failing your life.
Lil' Miss Smiley
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Miss 10 days of school without parental consent and your folks get fined for the pleasure of your stupidity, £50!
Grow up!
Toy Soldier
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I skipped lots of school when I was 13 - 16... because I found the work so easy I was getting almost 100% in everything by doing exactly this much: nothing. I didn't dislike school, it just bored me. But after 16 (I stayed on until the bitter end, 18) I had to start going to get the work done, and found out that I actually really enjoyed school. OK I still didn't do much work (and I still got good grades :p: be jealous) but the mid-teen social existence is entirely based around school. Basically what I'm saying is, maybe if you try going more often you'll find out that it's not so bad.
pink_lucie
Rep:
?
what??
Ellie4
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Either go to school, or shut up complaining to us that you don't. If you wanted to go to school, you would, so why are you annoyed that you don't? Warped logic there!
pink_lucie
Rep:
?
(Original post by Ellie4)
Either go to school, or shut up complaining to us that you don't. If you wanted to go to school, you would, so why are you annoyed that you don't? Warped logic there!
becasue i cant help it that i dont wanna go to school, i do but i just cant if you understand :mad:
Ellie4
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
becasue i cant help it that i dont wanna go to school, i do but i just cant if you understand :mad:
Why can't you?
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Why wouldn't you turn to teachers if you were being bullied?

They might tell my parents (19)
7.31%
They might tell the bully (26)
10%
I don't think they'd understand (42)
16.15%
It might lead to more bullying (94)
36.15%
There's nothing they could do (79)
30.38%

Watched Threads