Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

excess facial hair in a woman Watch

ReputationRep:
    i have this probelm and its reeeeeally upsetting!
    please help, not ****
    any ideas what i can do?
    av tried bleaching, hair removal cream and waxing

ReputationRep:
    If it's an ongoing problem, maybe you could try having cosmetic surgery like laser treatment to get rid of excess hair ?

ReputationRep:
    yeah that has been an option i have considered i am jsut too embarssed to find anything out about it

ReputationRep:
    Get laser treatment, it will sort it out. No need to be embarrassed, the people you see about such things will see it everyday. For now you could bleech it/ pluck it out depending on how much there is. Dont worry about, get it sorted and move on.

ReputationRep:
    Couldn't you phone up a beauty treatment place and ask about it; that way you wouldn't have to be embarrassed as no one would know you, but you could get a professional opinion?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cindloz)
    yeah that has been an option i have considered i am jsut too embarssed to find anything out about it

Seriously- have you ever watched the Embarassing Bodies series on channel 4 ? Facial hair is the least of it. People are more open about stuff nowadays, it's not a big deal. Practically all my family are doctors, and they deal with things that are far more peculiar than that! They'll be friendly and just see it as something they need to treat- it's nothing to be anxious about
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    Laser treatment is expensive and not guaranteed to work, though... Nothing is permanent. I think you could ask your doctor - it might just be a hormonal thing?

ReputationRep:
    I've got PCOS so I sympathise cos excess hair is one of the symptoms. My doctor gave me something called Vaniqa which is a cream that supposedly slows the growth of the hair eventually - I had to stop using it cos it gave me spots, but it works for some people.

I just pluck but if it was worse, I'd go for the laser treatment or electrolysis

Dont worry...you are not alone

ReputationRep:
    theres a form of the contaceptive pill that gets rid of spots and excess hair that works a treat!

ReputationRep:
    Yeah the contraceptive pill can help. I'm on dianette for my skin but the leaflet also mentions it is useful for getting rid of excess hair.

ReputationRep:
    You could have a hormone imbalance. See a physician.

ReputationRep:
    yep same about dianette, although its done nothing for my skin

ReputationRep:
    i find it really attractive.

ReputationRep:
    how do i know if its more serious than a bit of hair? like PCOS or hormone imbalance?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cindloz)
    how do i know if its more serious than a bit of hair? like PCOS or hormone imbalance?
    Go to a doctor or a nurse for it, otherwise you won't know for certain.

With PCOS there may be other symptoms such as irregular periods or pain.

Hormonal imbalance you may also suffer from mood swings/spots too.

ReputationRep:
    Threading is the best, it leaves the skin soft and smooth, and lasts for 3-4 weeks. Give it a try

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by harmonyy.)
    Threading is the best, it leaves the skin soft and smooth, and lasts for 3-4 weeks. Give it a try
    i second this. threading is really good, esp. for eyebrows.

ReputationRep:
    yeah threading is amazing!! i definitely recommend it i also have a self-threading device thing that was recommended by someone on here!! im just gonna find out the name and get back to you about it - its how i get rid of excess hair in between threading sessions! couldnt live without it, cos hair grows back so fast, and plucking in between getting threaded is sooooo long & tiresome.

ReputationRep:
    aww thanks so much guys, nice to know am not alone
    where abouts do you get threading done?

ReputationRep:
    Despite being warned for my earlier post, I would like to point out I believe that was sound advice, and besides bearded women turn me on, there's something about the way the light reflects off it that gets me going.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 13, 2008
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.