How do i pick which uni to go to?

Watch this thread
avaliu
Badges: 3
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Im at a 50/50 split on which uni to pick, and the ucas deadline is soon so i need help choosing. (they are both art based courses). I like them both, but I can't pick between the two. Any help or advice will be great. Thanks!

Uni 1- London

UAL pros
- Travel to and from home would be easier, easy travel in general
- Better job prospects
- Really great facilities for art
- London has a great creative scene
- Teachers and lecturers have worked in industry
- Worldwide known uni, #2 in world, people have told me id be crazy to reject them
- Lower grade req
- Higher student satisfaction

Cons
- London is expensive to live in, and is busy so it wouldn't be my favourite place to live in
- Course involves some 3D for the first year and second year, which im not interested in
- The course isn't terrible for me, but I definitely prefer uni #2's course.

Uni 2- H

H pros
- I love this course, suits me really well (no 3D!!)
- Teaching methods are well renouned.
- I have already made friends there
- Still well known for its art based courses (ofc not as much as UAL)
- Not as expensive or busy as London
- Has a course layout thats suited to me

Cons
- Higher grade req so I can't insurance it
- Harder to travel to and from home
- Facilities aren't that great (especially compared to Uni 1)
- Lower student satisfaction

I should probably just ins London and firm H, but I dont wanna regret it and be unable to change it later on. Thanks for any words of advice
daniellececilia
Badges: 8
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
choose the uni you know you'll be the happiest. from what I'm reading, uni 2 is what you seem the happiest in. use the higher grade req as a motivation? but I'll still put uni 1 as my ins and uni 2 firm
simxne_
Badges: 12
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
It really is best to go to the one you think you will feel the happiest at - is there one that makes you feel more excited to go to? Considering uni 2 is still a really good uni, I think it's fine if you didn't go to uni 1, despite its reputation. Whichever uni you go to, you will probably enjoy it and you won't ever know what it would have been like if you went to the other. I took ages to decide on my firm choice as both unis had the same grade requirements - I made the decision two days ago, but when I had actually made the decision, I regretted it shortly after. UCAS did just change it (because you have 14 days, otherwise both universities have to agree as well) - the uni I firmed first was great on paper and suited particular interests of mine, but I feel a lot less worried and more excited about the other. Whichever uni you choose, it will be a good decision. I hope that kinda helps...!
ScoutLeopard
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
i would firm uni 1 and insure uni 2 : )
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Does school Maths prepare people well enough for the future?

Yes, it gives everyone a good foundation for any future path (40)
32.79%
Somewhat, if your future involves maths/STEM (55)
45.08%
No, it doesn't teach enough practical life skills (26)
21.31%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (1)
0.82%

Watched Threads