help me plz

Watch this thread
bella.knight
Badges: 4
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
so my partner for 1 year was apparently cheating on me with my best friend. I don´t know what to do.
RushingRiver
Badges: 16
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by bella.knight)
so my partner for 1 year was apparently cheating on me with my best friend. I don´t know what to do.
People are monsters
Personally, as hard as it is, I’d say you’d be best cutting them both out of your life. That’s just cruel of them, and if they don’t care enough to show some basic self control, you might be better off finding someone else. It’s not like a one-off genuine drunk accident (although even then I’m not sure I’d stay with someone who was willing to drink enough to do that), it was a pretty long-term relationship from a teen’s perspective and they both messed up big time.
I’m here if you need to talk anything through, and my PMs are always open if you want to say hi (looks like your account’s too new to PM but should work in a couple of days). I’m so sorry you’ve found yourself in this position :hugs:
bella.knight
Rep:
(Original post by RushingRiver)
People are monsters
Personally, as hard as it is, I’d say you’d be best cutting them both out of your life. That’s just cruel of them, and if they don’t care enough to show some basic self control, you might be better off finding someone else. It’s not like a one-off genuine drunk accident (although even then I’m not sure I’d stay with someone who was willing to drink enough to do that), it was a pretty long-term relationship from a teen’s perspective and they both messed up big time.
I’m here if you need to talk anything through, and my PMs are always open if you want to say hi (looks like your account’s too new to PM but should work in a couple of days). I’m so sorry you’ve found yourself in this position :hugs:
yeah they are and i will tysm idk what I would do without u rn:hugs:
RushingRiver
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
yeah they are and i will tysm idk what I would do without u rn:hugs:
I hope it all works out okay for you 💕
bella.knight
Rep:
same :hugs:tysm more being here

I hope it all works out okay for you 💕
RushingRiver
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
same :hugs:tysm more being here
It’s the least I can do, you seem like a really sweet person and what’s happening to you is incredibly painful and unfair. I was only with my ex for 19 days before finding out he cheated and I was still hurt, so I can’t imagine finding out so much further down the line.
Are you coping alright with everything?
bella.knight
Rep:
It’s the least I can do, you seem like a really sweet person and what’s happening to you is incredibly painful and unfair. I was only with my ex for 19 days before finding out he cheated and I was still hurt, so I can’t imagine finding out so much further down the line.
Are you coping alright with everything?
im trying currently crying, but im doing ok ig, but the worst thing is my ¨friend¨ is my neghbor
RushingRiver
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
im trying currently crying, but im doing ok ig, but the worst thing is my ¨friend¨ is my neghbor
That’s understandable. It will take a while before it stops hurting, and if anything it’s probably good that you’re crying and letting yourself feel those emotions. That sounds awkward though, it may well cause some difficulties for a while if you’re forced to see her no matter where you are (I assume you see her both at home and at school) and have that constant reminder hanging over you.

Do you think you’d be able to mostly avoid her when she’s nearby? I’m fully aware of how hard it is, having an ex at school myself and some old friends I don’t get along with, but it is somewhat possible if you know enough about them. If they hang out in the same place every day, or the same selection of places, try to find somewhere new. I did that and sure it’s lonely, but you do get used to it and I was able to meet some new people in the process. It’ll be easier to adjust if you’re outgoing, as you can talk to people and make friends more easily.

As for your ex, it’s just pretty much the same thing - try to have little to do with him, assuming you’re not willing to give either of them another chance. If you do want to try again, be cautious, but I managed to stay friends with the ex who cheated on me so it is possible if you’re careful.
bella.knight
Rep:
That’s understandable. It will take a while before it stops hurting, and if anything it’s probably good that you’re crying and letting yourself feel those emotions. That sounds awkward though, it may well cause some difficulties for a while if you’re forced to see her no matter where you are (I assume you see her both at home and at school) and have that constant reminder hanging over you.

Do you think you’d be able to mostly avoid her when she’s nearby? I’m fully aware of how hard it is, having an ex at school myself and some old friends I don’t get along with, but it is somewhat possible if you know enough about them. If they hang out in the same place every day, or the same selection of places, try to find somewhere new. I did that and sure it’s lonely, but you do get used to it and I was able to meet some new people in the process. It’ll be easier to adjust if you’re outgoing, as you can talk to people and make friends more easily.

As for your ex, it’s just pretty much the same thing - try to have little to do with him, assuming you’re not willing to give either of them another chance. If you do want to try again, be cautious, but I managed to stay friends with the ex who cheated on me so it is possible if you’re careful.
yeah i can try its hard when my ex is in my 3rd period and my ex friend is on my bus
RushingRiver
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
yeah i can try its hard when my ex is in my 3rd period and my ex friend is on my bus
I get you, my ex is in one of my classes too. Whatever you do, don’t make the same mistake I did - don’t let your ex push you around. Mine knows she can come running back whenever she wants, and she definitely uses that to her advantage. If you can, set clear boundaries and be civil but not friendly. They should ideally know exactly where they stand, so you might want to let them know what you’re going to do if you haven’t already. Good luck :hugs:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Were exams easier or harder than you expected?

Easier (51)
26.15%
As I expected (64)
32.82%
Harder (72)
36.92%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (8)
4.1%

Watched Threads