How to use other exam board papers for A level Maths?

Watch this thread
kazakane
Badges: 4
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I have my AS exam for Stats and Mechanics and my exam board is Edexcel. I've done all the papers in my exam board but I still feel like I haven't prepared enough. My exam is in two weeks so I was thinking on trying other exams because a lot of ppl are saying other exam boards are way more challenging. However, I don't really know where to start or how I should avoid confusing myself with the different markschemes.

Thank you very much!
normaw
Badges: 15
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by kazakane)
I have my AS exam for Stats and Mechanics and my exam board is Edexcel. I've done all the papers in my exam board but I still feel like I haven't prepared enough. My exam is in two weeks so I was thinking on trying other exams because a lot of ppl are saying other exam boards are way more challenging. However, I don't really know where to start or how I should avoid confusing myself with the different markschemes.

Thank you very much!
Muttley79 might be able to advise you on this.
Muttley79
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Each board does have a slightly different 'feel'. Have you asked your teacher fior all the additional resources Edexcel have produced?

Dr Frost is worth a look: 2022 resources https://www.drfrostmaths.com/course.php?sid=-10
Revision: https://www.drfrostmaths.com/sow.php...term=A%20Level

Thank you very much!
kazakane
Badges: 4
Rep:
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Thank you for your reply.

I've asked my teacher but he mainly gives recommendations for pure instead of applied.
Thank you very much for the Dr Frost resource.

If I were to use old spec papers, how far back would you recommend?
Edexcel's papers go all the way back to 2001 apparently till present.

(Original post by Muttley79)
Each board does have a slightly different 'feel'. Have you asked your teacher fior all the additional resources Edexcel have produced?

Dr Frost is worth a look: 2022 resources https://www.drfrostmaths.com/course.php?sid=-10
Revision: https://www.drfrostmaths.com/sow.php...term=A%20Level
Muttley79
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
Thank you for your reply.

I've asked my teacher but he mainly gives recommendations for pure instead of applied.
Thank you very much for the Dr Frost resource.

If I were to use old spec papers, how far back would you recommend?
Edexcel's papers go all the way back to 2001 apparently till present.
It's not recmmendations you need - ask for the additional practice material from the Emporium. The spec did change in 2017 when A level went modular; I'd not go back to further than 2010.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Were exams easier or harder than you expected?

Easier (51)
26.15%
As I expected (64)
32.82%
Harder (72)
36.92%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (8)
4.1%

Watched Threads