Pet reccomendations

Watch this thread
////////////
Badges: 12
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
My family is allergic to cats but i am looking into getting a pet do any of you have any recommendations
Dell PC 2
Badges: 15
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 weeks ago
crocodile:yy:
Obolinda
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
hey I've moved your thread to a more relevant section (from "chat" to "animals and pets")
Falafala
Badges: 4
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
Some of my friends have dogs, hamsters, rabbits, and hedgehogs.
////////////
Rep:
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Falafala)
Some of my friends have dogs, hamsters, rabbits, and hedgehogs.
hedgehogs can be pets!!!
Falafala
Badges: 4
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by ////////////)
hedgehogs can be pets!!!
like this one
Last edited by Falafala; 4 weeks ago
DTON
Badges: 3
Rep:
Report 3 weeks ago
Hypoallergenic dog breeds such as Yorkshire terriers and poodles. They've got hair instead of fur. Apart from that you'd have to look at reptiles or furless pets
randompanda_
Badges: 15
Rep:
Report 3 weeks ago
a hamster
Hotheaded
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by DTON)
Hypoallergenic dog breeds such as Yorkshire terriers and poodles. They've got hair instead of fur. Apart from that you'd have to look at reptiles or furless pets
Unfortunately the idea of a hypoallergenic dog isn’t actually a real thing but you’re more likely to be allergic to cats Vs dogs so their is a chance that just because they’re allergic to cats doesn’t mean they’re allergic to dogs
Jessica Mn
Badges: 6
Rep:
Report 3 weeks ago
My family is allergic to cats but i am looking into getting a pet do any of you have any recommendations
Dog or a rabbit
Schotel
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 3 weeks ago
Rottweiler Puppy.
Aoife84?
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
hi
Meduse
Badges: 16
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
Please do not get a pet hedgehog.

https://www.peta.org/features/hedgehog-pet-industry/
////////////
Rep:
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by Meduse)
Please do not get a pet hedgehog.

https://www.peta.org/features/hedgehog-pet-industry/
i most certainly will not !
Meduse
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
i most certainly will not !
I'd recommend getting a rescue if you can, maybe a dog. You'll feel great for doing it. Most people are inclined to go for kittens/puppies, but older animals need a loving home too. Definitely visit your local rescue shelters if you can and avoid buying from pet shops, which in many cases, do not comply with health regulations for animals and keep them in enclosures that are too small. This is especially the case with animals like hamsters, rabbits, guinea pigs, etc.
////////////
Rep:
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by Meduse)
I'd recommend getting a rescue if you can, maybe a dog. You'll feel great for doing it. Most people are inclined to go for kittens/puppies, but older animals need a loving home too. Definitely visit your local rescue shelters if you can and avoid buying from pet shops, which in many cases, do not comply with health regulations for animals and keep them in enclosures that are too small. This is especially the case with animals like hamsters, rabbits, guinea pigs, etc.
I heard tortoises also make good pets as well!
Last edited by ////////////; 1 week ago
Meduse
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
I heard tortoises also make good pets as well!
It's true, but you need to understand the longevity of their lifespan. Before buying any pet, please ensure you do research on what it needs to be properly cared for.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Year 12s - where are you at with making decisions about university?

I’ve chosen my course and my university (22)
29.33%
I’ve chosen my course and shortlisted some universities (27)
36%
I’ve chosen my course, but not any universities (6)
8%
I’ve chosen my university, but not my course (3)
4%
I’ve shortlisted some universities, but not my course (4)
5.33%
I’m starting to consider my university options (10)
13.33%
I haven’t started thinking about university yet (2)
2.67%
I’m not planning on going to university (1)
1.33%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed