The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Leepish
I have a sainsburys interview and the woman on the phone said it would take 45 mins and i would watch a video and then a one to one interview im soo scared help.

then ive got an argos one in the afternoon what are they like?

help

Hi, I had an interview at sainsburys last night, the woman on the phone said the same thing to me, but i just sat in a room with my interviewer, no dvd or anything, and he read some scenarios about helping customers and options out to me, and I had to answer what I thought was the best one (they are SO easy!). Then just a chat about uniform, hours, induction etc. Probably lasted about 20/25 mins.

Got a phone call this morning saying I got the job!! My induction is on Tuesday and Thursday next week,

Not sure about argos, sorry. Good luck!
Reply 2
Read the argos thread lots of people saying what their interview was like.
Reply 3
thanks for the advice
im still pooing it though lol

ive heard that sainsburys are very very picky.
and i have this problem when i cant speak to strangers.. i get enormously nervous :l
Reply 4
I got a job offer for Sainsburys, and apart from the job i'm doing now, that ive only been at 3 weeks, I didn't work for 10 yrs, due to bringing up children. So i'm not too sure if they are that picky! But i'm not looking forward to working in such a busy environment. I was a teen when I last worked directly with customers in a shop. Luckily I am only an online shopper, and not ever going on the tills. (thats the only position they will never expect you to do a stint on tills because online shoppers are so busy)
xxxxx
Leepish
thanks for the advice
im still pooing it though lol

ive heard that sainsburys are very very picky.
and i have this problem when i cant speak to strangers.. i get enormously nervous :l

ahhh dont worry sainsburys are anything but picky. The interviews are really easy, well i thought it was, and i havent known anyone that went for the interview not to get the job.
Reply 6
thank you all for your opinions .
but you know the video does anybody know what it might involve?
i am actually soo nervous if i get the sainsburys one over and done with the argos one will be a doddle lol
Reply 7
My interview with sainsburys didn't have any such video. We were sat in a fairly spacious, but cold room off of the stockroom. Sweating certainly wasn't a problem, and my nervous twitching couldn't be seen either :P

I just got asked customer scenario questions, made sure my details were ok, photocopied my birth certificate and NI card, and that was done with. By that point I thought i'd have the job because they did that, but no :frown:
strawberry_princess
Hi, I had an interview at sainsburys last night, the woman on the phone said the same thing to me, but i just sat in a room with my interviewer, no dvd or anything, and he read some scenarios about helping customers and options out to me, and I had to answer what I thought was the best one (they are SO easy!). Then just a chat about uniform, hours, induction etc. Probably lasted about 20/25 mins.

Got a phone call this morning saying I got the job!! My induction is on Tuesday and Thursday next week,

Not sure about argos, sorry. Good luck!

:eek: i have an interview on wednesday and the person told me that there will be a simple maths test!
should i wear a suit? :confused:
footballcrazy12
:eek: i have an interview on wednesday and the person told me that there will be a simple maths test!
should i wear a suit? :confused:

What is the role you applied for? Maybe with certain roles there is a maths test. But I wouldn't worry too much, because mine certainly wasn't how the lady on the phone made it out to be like!
strawberry_princess
What is the role you applied for? Maybe with certain roles there is a maths test. But I wouldn't worry too much, because mine certainly wasn't how the lady on the phone made it out to be like!

general assistant in london, maybe because i'm going to be on the tills so i'll need to be able to be good with money lol. did you get the job offer, i've never done a paid job thats why i want this one!! I'm going to wear a suit and all
footballcrazy12
general assistant in london, maybe because i'm going to be on the tills so i'll need to be able to be good with money lol. did you get the job offer, i've never done a paid job thats why i want this one!! I'm going to wear a suit and all

Mine is general assistant too, but in Essex. Yeah, they said in the interview that I had the job, but then a woman phoned me the next morning to tell me my induction times and just confirm that I got the job. This is my first job too. Have my first induction day tomorrow yay! For my interview I just wore black trousers, with a red blouse under a black v-neck jumper.
Can you let us know how the first day of induction goes Strawberry Princess? I have my first one thursday night. Then friday night and saturday all day. Wouldn't mind knowing what they include in 16 hours of training!
xxxxxx
Spazzycazzy
Can you let us know how the first day of induction goes Strawberry Princess? I have my first one thursday night. Then friday night and saturday all day. Wouldn't mind knowing what they include in 16 hours of training!
xxxxxx

Ok sure. You're lucky, I'd rather have 2 evenings and a saturday! I'm missing two whole days of sixth form for this induction!

At least we get paid for it! Is it normal pay or overtime?
Are you? That sucks. I was quite pleased with the times of mine. My last day at this job is wednesday, I start induction thursday night, and my kids go to their dads saturday for the weekend, so it worked out well for me. Just meant I have had to get me mam over saturday to walk the dog lol
But yes we get paid, but I am pretty sure it will only be basic rate. But being paid is good! The job I am leaving I went in on the thursday from 9 til 12 for training and form filling & didn't get paid a sausage! tight gets. cough *dont ever work for travelodge*cough
xxxx
Spazzycazzy
xxxxxx

Hi, just thought I'd let you guys know how the first day of my induction went. There was 4 people including me in a room, and the trainer. First we filled out lots of forms about tax, bank details, signing our contract etc. Then she went to sort out our uniform but unfortunately they didnt have the right stuff so we're getting it on thursday instead. But anyway, we went round the room and said our name and something about ourself. We watched a bit of the Indction DVD, which was about the history of Sainsbury's and their goals etc. Then we talked about customer service and stuff like that. Then we went onto the shop floor and had to find the aisle numbers of certain products, find out some examples of what are sold in ranges like the Basics range. Then back up to the room, more DVD stuff, health and safety, lifting, cleaning, etc., filled out some more of the workbook, then later we had a little tour of the warehouse and the store, showing us where the fire exits and that were. Blah de blah lots of fire safety info. Then she showed us how to clock out and off we went!

Nothing to worry about, literally just filling out a workbook using information from the DVDs and what the trainer told us. Good luck! :smile:
strawberry_princess
Hi, just thought I'd let you guys know how the first day of my induction went. There was 4 people including me in a room, and the trainer. First we filled out lots of forms about tax, bank details, signing our contract etc. Then she went to sort out our uniform but unfortunately they didnt have the right stuff so we're getting it on thursday instead. But anyway, we went round the room and said our name and something about ourself. We watched a bit of the Indction DVD, which was about the history of Sainsbury's and their goals etc. Then we talked about customer service and stuff like that. Then we went onto the shop floor and had to find the aisle numbers of certain products, find out some examples of what are sold in ranges like the Basics range. Then back up to the room, more DVD stuff, health and safety, lifting, cleaning, etc., filled out some more of the workbook, then later we had a little tour of the warehouse and the store, showing us where the fire exits and that were. Blah de blah lots of fire safety info. Then she showed us how to clock out and off we went!

Nothing to worry about, literally just filling out a workbook using information from the DVDs and what the trainer told us. Good luck! :smile:

Oh only 4 people? I have had visions of there being looooooads of us there thursday night! Is it a tad uncomfortable? If thats the word. What do they ask you to say about yourself? Its not like I have any hobbies really. Im a right borin ol fart me :frown: :biggrin:
Spazzycazzy
Oh only 4 people? I have had visions of there being looooooads of us there thursday night! Is it a tad uncomfortable? If thats the word. What do they ask you to say about yourself? Its not like I have any hobbies really. Im a right borin ol fart me :frown: :biggrin:

Yeah there was only 4 of us. It wasn't really uncomfortable, I suppose at first it was a bit weird, but we soon got chatting. I was a bit worried what I would do during breaks and lunch today because obviously I didnt know anyone but us 4 all just sat together which was nice. Just say your name, your age, where you go to sixth form/college/uni, what subjects your doing, anything really!
strawberry_princess
Yeah there was only 4 of us. It wasn't really uncomfortable, I suppose at first it was a bit weird, but we soon got chatting. I was a bit worried what I would do during breaks and lunch today because obviously I didnt know anyone but us 4 all just sat together which was nice. Just say your name, your age, where you go to sixth form/college/uni, what subjects your doing, anything really!

Oh no, I will stick out like a sore thumb then! I haven't been at college since 1987 :nah: My kids are probably not much younger than the others that will be there :s-smilie:
x
Spazzycazzy
Oh no, I will stick out like a sore thumb then! I haven't been at college since 1987 :nah: My kids are probably not much younger than the others that will be there :s-smilie:
x

Oh haha sorry! Don't worry, there was 2 boys about my age at mine, but also a woman who said her children were 12 and 10 yrs old, and we still got on really well together, so don't worry!

Latest

Trending

Trending