Is Greenwich a good university to study architecture ?

Watch this thread
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
So I've been declined from all my choices and I've been accepted by Greenwich to study at the campus. But ive heard bad reviews about the campus in general. But I don't know how to feel about it !

My options are too try and go somewhere better during clearing before I accept the offer. Or I have to study at Greenwich.

Or
Should I take a gap year and consider all my options I can reapply next year and I can also potentially look for some apprenticeships.

But I need opinions, if anyone has any advice would be much appreciated thanks again !
Anonymous #2
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
So I've been declined from all my choices and I've been accepted by Greenwich to study at the campus. But ive heard bad reviews about the campus in general. But I don't know how to feel about it !

My options are too try and go somewhere better during clearing before I accept the offer. Or I have to study at Greenwich.

Or
Should I take a gap year and consider all my options I can reapply next year and I can also potentially look for some apprenticeships.

But I need opinions, if anyone has any advice would be much appreciated thanks again !
Well that also happened to me
I was being accepted to all top unis for next year but I didn’t want to waste time n just get straight into it

Honestly in every university u have to study more independently. Im also at Greenwich university n honestly it ain’t that bad. Many ppl in my course are getting a 1st (A*) or an 2:1 which is like an A/b idk how the grading is equivalent to cuz my first year.
It’s just ppl in Greenwich r more kept to themselves it’s harder to make friends there so I would suggest join a society.

Just work hard n if u wanna study further u can once again try apply for the top unis depends on u completely.

Hope it help
normaw
Badges: 15
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
If you are not happy with Greenwich, you can use UCAS Extra to apply for another course before 4 July.

https://www.ucas.com/undergraduate/a.../extra-choices

Check to see if the uni you are interested still has places before you reject Greenwich.

If you don't have any success with Extra, then there is clearing. Failing that then a year out isn't a bad option. You could try and get work experience in an architecture practice or a relevant field to strengthen your application next year.
Last edited by normaw; 1 month ago
Anonymous #1
Well that also happened to me
I was being accepted to all top unis for next year but I didn’t want to waste time n just get straight into it

Honestly in every university u have to study more independently. Im also at Greenwich university n honestly it ain’t that bad. Many ppl in my course are getting a 1st (A*) or an 2:1 which is like an A/b idk how the grading is equivalent to cuz my first year.
It’s just ppl in Greenwich r more kept to themselves it’s harder to make friends there so I would suggest join a society.

Just work hard n if u wanna study further u can once again try apply for the top unis depends on u completely.

Hope it help
Understood, can I ask your expirience there out of 10?
Teachers: are the good bad ? Rude?
Students: are the engaged and good at working collaboratively (do you have classmates who have the same and keen interest to learn like you ? Or do they mess around or perhaps not on the same work focus mindset your on?)

If the social life here isn't great im thinking perhaps apprenticeship isn't a bad option at all ! Thanks again also what do you study !
Anonymous #1
Students: are the engaged and good at working collaboratively (do you have classmates who have the same and keen interest to learn like you ? Or do they mess around or perhaps not on the same work focus mindset your on?)

If the social life here isn't great im thinking perhaps apprenticeship isn't a bad option at all ! Thanks again also what do you study !
Also how is management system like are there times your grades or assignments were not received well even though you spent restless amount energy on it?

Situation where the school perhaps didn't do justice to your work ethic ?
Anonymous #1
Also what's a society ? Club ? Are there clubs at the campus perhaps
Anonymous #2
Report 1 month ago

Like a 7
I do business management
Na the ppl in my class r quiet focused on work
N teachers r super friendly
There r also regular night clubs at the uni n many sports clubs
N society’s of whatever u can think off rlly
Anonymous #1
Like a 7
I do business management
Na the ppl in my class r quiet focused on work
N teachers r super friendly
There r also regular night clubs at the uni n many sports clubs
N society’s of whatever u can think off rlly
Thanks so much if it does end up being my last resort cause of this I'm alot more eased about studying here thanks again ! Have a good day
Anonymous #2
Report 1 month ago
Thanks so much if it does end up being my last resort cause of this I'm alot more eased about studying here thanks again ! Have a good day
Np happy to help
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Were exams easier or harder than you expected?

Easier (63)
27.51%
As I expected (71)
31%
Harder (87)
37.99%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (8)
3.49%

Watched Threads