Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

How much is this going to cost me Watch

ReputationRep:
    Dented my car on the gate coming into my halls today wondering how much I should expect to pay for repairs so I dont get ripped off for being a girl. Black bits rub off.

ReputationRep:
    What car is it?

My cars covered in dents and scratches, where its been keyed and hit by other people! :p:

But since its a 1996 renault clio I dont see the point in fixing it!

ReputationRep:
    I'd recommend doing this first: http://www.metacafe.com/watch/963248...ith_a_lighter/

Or just leave it :/

ReputationRep:
    2003 ka and i love it to bits and dont want rust appearing on it. Just had one side sprayed where some stupid chav with a buggy hit it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MilesTails)
    I'd recommend doing this first: http://www.metacafe.com/watch/963248...ith_a_lighter/

Or just leave it :/
    will have a look at pushing the dent out myself thanks

ReputationRep:
    that happened to my mum.. she paid 250 quid

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by brokenangel)
    2003 ka and i love it to bits and dont want rust appearing on it. Just had one side sprayed where some stupid chav with a buggy hit it
    How much did that cost you? Probs won't be all that much different

When my car got keyed they wanted 400 quid per panel to respray (4 panels were scratched :rolleyes:)

So I've left it, my car has no rust on it at all.... where I had my MOT done the man said that my clio was the cleanest for rust hes ever seen

I've seen plenty of newer cars than mine plastered in rust!

ReputationRep:
    Hummm, i wouldnt take it to a big company as they ll try and rip you off by replacing panel and doing loads of unneccesary extras. All it seems to need is a bit of reshaping and maybe new paint. You can do the paint yourself by asking for a top up tube (about £8), should find exact colour easily. Try and find someone honest but not too slapdash:p:

EDIT : on re reading that was useless, but dont spend more than £100!:nah:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blahhh)
    £100 but that was for the whole side as it had some minor scratches before i got it so just had the whole side done.

Where as this side it would just be that area not even sure if ill have it sprayed but def want the dent pulling.

ReputationRep:
    Get the dent pulled, buy the paint, then sneakily try and get them to do it for you

ReputationRep:
    Where as this side it would just be that area not even sure if ill have it sprayed but def want the dent pulling.
    I doubt that would cost too much, you could try doing it yourself but it looks like a quite awkward and sort of deep one

I crashed my car into a car park barrier before (v v silly, should have paid more attention :rolleyes:) But I got a new headlight from the scrappy and put it in myself

My bonnet was buckled a bit, so my boyfriend pulled it back out for me....then he sat on it and made an even more noticable one :mad: oh well!

ReputationRep:
    My bonnet was buckled a bit, so my boyfriend pulled it back out for me....then he sat on it and made an even more noticable one :mad: oh well!
    My boyfriend learnt the hard way not to touch my car after he dented the door :mad:

luckerly got all the black off now and its so minorly scratched aint going to bother sprayin it just the going to have the dent pulled.

Thanks people

ReputationRep:
    My boyfriend learnt the hard way not to touch my car after he dented the door :mad:

luckerly got all the black off now and its so minorly scratched aint going to bother sprayin it just the going to have the dent pulled.

Thanks people
    Maybe put some t-cut on it or something? or one of those touch up paints?

Good Luck :p:

ReputationRep:
    Maybe put some t-cut on it or something? or one of those touch up paints?

Good Luck :p:
    yeah going to get brother to T-Cut it garage trawling on monday to get a price for the dent hopefully wont be to expensive as it doesnt really need sprayin

ReputationRep:

When my car got keyed they wanted 400 quid per panel to respray (4 panels were scratched :rolleyes:)

So I've left it, my car has no rust on it at all.... where I had my MOT done the man said that my clio was the cleanest for rust hes ever seen

I've seen plenty of newer cars than mine plastered in rust!
    £400 per panel? where the hell gave you that quote?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mattgeezer)
    £400 per panel? where the hell gave you that quote?
    Halfords! They wanted to take my whole car apart! :eek:

Its annoying, because have you seen one of their new adverts? Where the guy goes 'its only a scratch!' and polishes it over? They wouldn't do that for my car! :p:

ReputationRep:
    i wouldnt pay to fix a ford ka. just give it a bit of touch up paint to hide it a little.

ReputationRep:
    You'll get change from £300.

Take it to a bodyshop and get a quote.

ReputationRep:
    Halfords! They wanted to take my whole car apart! :eek:

Its annoying, because have you seen one of their new adverts? Where the guy goes 'its only a scratch!' and polishes it over? They wouldn't do that for my car! :p:
    Haha sounds awful, my grandad scraped his focus bumper as in right down to the bare black plastic a fair few mill deep and about 8 inch patch and halfords do a thing where a mobile bodyshop sets up in their carpark and does a job lot(pre booked) for a good price, only cost 100 or so to get it good as new, was really impressed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mattgeezer)
    Haha sounds awful, my grandad scraped his focus bumper as in right down to the bare black plastic a fair few mill deep and about 8 inch patch and halfords do a thing where a mobile bodyshop sets up in their carpark and does a job lot(pre booked) for a good price, only cost 100 or so to get it good as new, was really impressed.
    I obviously wasn't good enough for that sort of service :puppyeyes:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.