does the word count truly matter

Watch this thread
helloigcses2022
Badges: 3
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
could i expect an 8 or 9 by writing 500 words for IGCSE Edexcel English literature, or is it more likely that I'll get a 6 or 7
hr27
Badges: 6
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 weeks ago
words dont matter its quality of work
Abzdot
Badges: 16
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by helloigcses2022)
could i expect an 8 or 9 by writing 500 words for IGCSE Edexcel English literature, or is it more likely that I'll get a 6 or 7
As hr27 mentioned above, if the quality is good, then I don't see why not. I don't think examiners sit there counting how many words you wrote :P
mnot
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
I have no context of the GCSE marking criteria but in scientific literature generally as few words as possible is considered better providing it adequately details what it needs to.

The reality is excesses words are generally draining on the reader…

That said generally they provide X number of words in school as they feel it is an appropriate length so kinda helps guide students with the correct level of detail.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Year 12s - where are you at with making decisions about university?

I’ve chosen my course and my university (13)
28.89%
I’ve chosen my course and shortlisted some universities (18)
40%
I’ve chosen my course, but not any universities (2)
4.44%
I’ve chosen my university, but not my course (2)
4.44%
I’ve shortlisted some universities, but not my course (3)
6.67%
I’m starting to consider my university options (6)
13.33%
I haven’t started thinking about university yet (0)
0%
I’m not planning on going to university (1)
2.22%

Watched Threads