How to cut down hours at work (summer job)

Watch this thread
_z7z_
Badges: 12
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Hi guys

I have a summer job and you choose your hours. In the interview I said I'd like to do three days a week but I'd be willing to do four in busy periods if that was needed. However, they seem to have just ignored the first bit and given me four days off the bat. Before anyone asks, no this is not a busy period at all.

What I'm wondering is how I should go about saying to them that I don't want to do four. I'm not backing out of the shifts I've already been given though. I know I should send an email, and what I basically should say, but what I'm asking is (i) has anyone done this kind of thing before; (ii) does anyone have any advice as to how to avoid annoying them too much? I don't know if I'm overthinking this, but I don't like letting people down (especially since this is a job I go back to each year)!

Thanks
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Year 12s - where are you at with making decisions about university?

I’ve chosen my course and my university (15)
28.3%
I’ve chosen my course and shortlisted some universities (22)
41.51%
I’ve chosen my course, but not any universities (2)
3.77%
I’ve chosen my university, but not my course (3)
5.66%
I’ve shortlisted some universities, but not my course (4)
7.55%
I’m starting to consider my university options (6)
11.32%
I haven’t started thinking about university yet (0)
0%
I’m not planning on going to university (1)
1.89%

Watched Threads