Rejected for my choices at sixth form

Watch this thread
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
I’m really upset rn I got rejected from the courses I wanted to do at sixth form, I’m currently doing English language literature and sociology I was so excited to change yk the courses I wanted to do but now I got rejected form them courses I can’t stop crying and it sucks I feel demotivated I have to carry on doing these courses I hate for another year and can’t even do my dream job.
Anonymous #2
Report 4 weeks ago
Change sixth form, it is not worth doing subjects you don't like since you won't do well or be happy
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Anonymous)
Change sixth form, it is not worth doing subjects you don't like since you won't do well or be happy
I tried to and I didn’t get the grades the only way I can do it is by taking a gap year which my parents won’t let me bc I’ll be 2 years behind 😔😭
zainab.a
Badges: 6
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 weeks ago
if sixth form isn't working out then maybe college is a better option? they might be more lenient with their entry requirements too
marlslibrary
Badges: 4
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 weeks ago
I tried to and I didn’t get the grades the only way I can do it is by taking a gap year which my parents won’t let me bc I’ll be 2 years behind 😔😭
would you rather do an extra 2 years and do ur dream career for the rest of your life. Or? would you rather finish the alevels your doing right now and do something you hate for the rest of your life. Remember you only have one life. if i was you i would get my priorities straight. and actually consider what i want to do not what ur parents may think of you.
randompanda_
Badges: 15
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
don't worry there are lots more colleges, are there are a lot that should let you re apply on results day! just try researching into some that have the subjects you require
Anonymous #1
(Original post by marlslibrary)
would you rather do an extra 2 years and do ur dream career for the rest of your life. Or? would you rather finish the alevels your doing right now and do something you hate for the rest of your life. Remember you only have one life. if i was you i would get my priorities straight. and actually consider what i want to do not what ur parents may think of you.
It would be really inconvenient for me and my parents , there’s no way they would let me I don’t even know what to do now, I hate my current subjects and I’m averaging Cs
Anonymous #1
(Original post by randompanda_)
don't worry there are lots more colleges, are there are a lot that should let you re apply on results day! just try researching into some that have the subjects you require
I already got my GCSEs im in year 12 😕
marlslibrary
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
It would be really inconvenient for me and my parents , there’s no way they would let me I don’t even know what to do now, I hate my current subjects and I’m averaging Cs
im planning to retake year 12 and do other subjects( fingers cross) because im resitting my gcses. And of course my parents and myself was disappointed of this discussion but this choice i had to suck it up and do it for the sake of my future. i was thinking omg im gonna be 19 when i finish my alevels but then i was like its for my future career. and bare in mind people go to uni 19/20/21 even later and and 2 years isnt a big deal at all because you will still continue with ur life even at uni and even have a job. the school year is almost finished it goes so fast. really consider your options and take that risk. you will look back on this and possibly thank urself for this route of career u want to do or be disappointed with how ur life is in the future. its only 2 years of ur life, even if your 2 years behind do somehyin g now like work and bring r grades back up.
Anonymous #1
im planning to retake year 12 and do other subjects( fingers cross) because im resitting my gcses. And of course my parents and myself was disappointed of this discussion but this choice i had to suck it up and do it for the sake of my future. i was thinking omg im gonna be 19 when i finish my alevels but then i was like its for my future career. and bare in mind people go to uni 19/20/21 even later and and 2 years isnt a big deal at all because you will still continue with ur life even at uni and even have a job. the school year is almost finished it goes so fast. really consider your options and take that risk. you will look back on this and possibly thank urself for this route of career u want to do or be disappointed with how ur life is in the future. its only 2 years of ur life, even if your 2 years behind do somehyin g now like work and bring r grades back up.
I wish my parents were as understanding 😔
marlslibrary
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
I wish my parents were as understanding 😔
oh trust me my parents are still annoyed at me and still critiques me and my academic ability, but i honestly im ignoring it because at the ned of the day its my choice. my mum was like ok fine but my dad still criticises my decisions even tho its been hard for me because of covid because i couldn't achieve the GCSEs i wanted because of teacher assessed grades. what career do you want to do for the future?
randompanda_
Badges: 15
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
I already got my GCSEs im in year 12 😕
change the sixth form then, you should study the subjects that you like
Anonymous #1
oh trust me my parents are still annoyed at me and still critiques me and my academic ability, but i honestly im ignoring it because at the ned of the day its my choice. my mum was like ok fine but my dad still criticises my decisions even tho its been hard for me because of covid because i couldn't achieve the GCSEs i wanted because of teacher assessed grades. what career do you want to do for the future?
Dentistry but I can’t anymore I feel so lost
marlslibrary
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
Dentistry but I can’t anymore I feel so lost
honestly i want to do medicine. look into doing a course in biochemistry at uni and then convert?? but hat will be a extra 3 years. or a year in biochemistry and convert but because you did humanitites as alevels ur options are limited. have a honest sit down with ur parents and consider. if yo start uni at 20 you will be 25 when u finish.
Anonymous #1
honestly i want to do medicine. look into doing a course in biochemistry at uni and then convert?? but hat will be a extra 3 years. or a year in biochemistry and convert but because you did humanitites as alevels ur options are limited. have a honest sit down with ur parents and consider. if yo start uni at 20 you will be 25 when u finish.
Would no unis accept me with those?
marlslibrary
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
Would no unis accept me with those?
need at least a science alevel with that like chem/bio/physics honestly im doing btec and health & social care but i hope to go on and do biology and chemistry for alevels. really conisder if its ur actually what you want to do. many poeple dont start denistry at 22/23/24 etc honestly think of ur future as a dentist
cloudniineee
Badges: 12
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
If you’re really set on going to sixth form and you’ve not been accepted to any sixth forms, do your a levels at a private centre if that means you could do your dream job. It will be hard but this is similar to what I did.

I wanted to resit the whole year (I had finished the linear course but didn’t do exams due to COVID). I asked my previous secondary school if I could enrol there as a resitter but they said no and so did every other sixth form. So, I ended up getting a full time job and worked 3 months straight to pay for the costs and I’m sitting A Levels this year in hopes to reapply for my dream unis.

Don’t sacrifice the subjects you want to do. If you want to do your dream job, go for it by any means <33 I wish you luck!!
Anonymous #1
need at least a science alevel with that like chem/bio/physics honestly im doing btec and health & social care but i hope to go on and do biology and chemistry for alevels. really conisder if its ur actually what you want to do. many poeple dont start denistry at 22/23/24 etc honestly think of ur future as a dentist
Honeslty I’ve just given up now
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Year 12s - where are you at with making decisions about university?

I’ve chosen my course and my university (7)
41.18%
I’ve chosen my course and shortlisted some universities (4)
23.53%
I’ve chosen my course, but not any universities (2)
11.76%
I’ve chosen my university, but not my course (0)
0%
I’ve shortlisted some universities, but not my course (0)
0%
I’m starting to consider my university options (3)
17.65%
I haven’t started thinking about university yet (0)
0%
I’m not planning on going to university (1)
5.88%

Watched Threads