Turn on thread page Beta
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Hello
    Am I being blonde in asking this (not sure if you mentioned it above). What are you going to study?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by **CutiePie**)
    Hello
    Am I being blonde in asking this (not sure if you mentioned it above). What are you going to study?
    No your not being blonde lol. Im going to be geeking it up studying comptuer science:woo: :eek3:

What are you studying?
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by Barz)
    No your not being blonde lol. Im going to be geeking it up studying comptuer science:woo: :eek3:

What are you studying?
    Oh you're crackers! Ive just done my ICT exams which included zope and have vowed never to have anything to do with computers again unless it's facebooking!

I'm going to study Journalism

ReputationRep:
    howdy ho(es) :awesome:

ive just come back from the summer school trip thingy thing DMU had today

It was actually quite good.. i mean there were DMU reps at the stations waiting for us and as we all gathered no one spoke to anyone so it was the normal awkwardness.. we then walked to the uni and had refreshments.

After that we went to this lecture hall which we stayed in for God knows how long, but a really REALLLLY long time.. did some ice breaker activity which was fun and got everyone talking to everyone which was good.. we then listened to staff and students give presentations about DMU etcc u know the usual stuff.

then it was lunch time, thank God cos i was really hungry.. a group of us all sat down, chatted etcc.. no awkward silences so that was good.
    Then we actually had to THINK and kinda use our heads as we went to a sorta taster lecture.. it was kinda dull at the start but got better as it got more interactive.

We then got sent off into groups to see the faculty and what it has to offer, i only found ONE person doing my course, i saw his name but never met him lol.. everyone else seemed to be doing gaming, computing etcc
    We played on second life and had a lecture through that which was kinda cool.. but we mainly just all dossed about and went all over the place.
    Then we had the guided tour of the uni, most of the people in my group had already had this tour on open day so it was kinda going over stuff we already knew.. and it rained which sucked as we were outside for most of the tour lol.

After the tours we all went back to one of the lecture theatres and filled in a questionnaire asking about how the day was blah blah blah and some general Q&A... AND WE ALL GOT A FREE LOLLY! LOL

Those who needed guided walks back to the train station did so, and yeah that was pretty much the day.

It coulda gone a lot worse with no one talking to anyone but by the end of the day most of the people were talking and we all wished eachother good luck and all the best and said we'll see them in september.. i even got on the same train as two of the guys i was with during the day so i chilled with them until my stop came.

but yeah all in all a good day.. there was always that normal awkwardness which is expected but yeah to all of you who havent been to your summer school thing yet, im sure you'll enjoy it.. just be sure to be CHATTY!
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Sounds a little akward. I'm worrying about staying over night!

ReputationRep:
    Oh you're crackers! Ive just done my ICT exams which included zope and have vowed never to have anything to do with computers again unless it's facebooking!

I'm going to study Journalism

haha dw i totally failed my IT GCSE and AS level exams few years back. hated back at school but then went college and did a BTEC national diploma in it and did alrite. iv been working as a network admin for the last year so iv got some experience in computers. its easy when you know what your doing.

im sure i would fail at journalism pretty bad :eek3:

ReputationRep:
    had an invite yesterday to attend a summer school thing for mature students - only its next week!! not exactly giving me time to arrange time off work to attened so dont think im going to be able to make it
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by Barz)
    haha dw i totally failed my IT GCSE and AS level exams few years back. hated back at school but then went college and did a BTEC national diploma in it and did alrite. iv been working as a network admin for the last year so iv got some experience in computers. its easy when you know what your doing.

im sure i would fail at journalism pretty bad :eek3:
    OO, that sounds good! I enjoyed it at GCSE level and found it really easy, it was just A-level!

Haha, Im sure you wouldn't..it's easy once you get started on a story!

ReputationRep:
    OO, that sounds good! I enjoyed it at GCSE level and found it really easy, it was just A-level!

Haha, Im sure you wouldn't..it's easy once you get started on a story!
    actually i think i would be a good journalist i can usually waffle on in a letter or something for ages. in my job interview i waffled so muchs tuff but it helped me get the job

You wanna be a journalist when u graduate then? better not write any stories about me at uni haha (ull prob see me around, ill be the really loud one)

ReputationRep:
    just got an uncondiational offer to study Film studies with journalism at DMU.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by Barz)
    actually i think i would be a good journalist i can usually waffle on in a letter or something for ages. in my job interview i waffled so muchs tuff but it helped me get the job

You wanna be a journalist when u graduate then? better not write any stories about me at uni haha (ull prob see me around, ill be the really loud one)
    Haha, don't worry I wont..unless something about you would make a good story! :p:

I'm quite quiet haha, so you might not notice me!

Apparently I waffle too much too, but sometimes that's a bad thing.. Grr. You can never be right!

ReputationRep:
    Haha, don't worry I wont..unless something about you would make a good story! :p:

I'm quite quiet haha, so you might not notice me!

Apparently I waffle too much too, but sometimes that's a bad thing.. Grr. You can never be right!
    i would let you write a story about me only if it

A. makes me famous
    B. makes me rich
    C. makes me very popular with the females

waffling on too much can never be a bad thing. only people who say that are people who are jealous of your wafflage:woo:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Barz)
    i would let you write a story about me only if it

A. makes me famous
    B. makes me rich
    C. makes me very popular with the females

waffling on too much can never be a bad thing. only people who say that are people who are jealous of your wafflage:woo:
    That's very easy to do at DMU according to an "aquaintance" of mine. Instead of being a good bloke and coming to Union nights at Leicester Uni with us, he'd go to the DMU union and attempt to end up being suffocated between a pair of female thighs for the night.

What amazes me more is that he was actually successful in this.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    ^^ Lovely!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by QwentyJ)
    That's very easy to do at DMU according to an "aquaintance" of mine. Instead of being a good bloke and coming to Union nights at Leicester Uni with us, he'd go to the DMU union and attempt to end up being suffocated between a pair of female thighs for the night.

What amazes me more is that he was actually successful in this.
    I don't think I've ever been so happy from reading a post :teeth:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChunkymunkyDJC)
    I don't think I've ever been so happy from reading a post :teeth:
    Trust me, you don't want to be like that guy!!

ReputationRep:
    Ok well iv replied to my choices via ucas should be able to set my accomodation soon. WHATS THE BEST PLACE TO TRY AND GET ACCOMODATION?

my friend who is at his 2nd year at uni said to either choose from Newark or victoria halls but when i rung up about these the woman said they were quite popular and might all be taken but we will see maybe someone has dropped out

what campus is everyone staying on??

btw who smokes shisha? I may be bringing/buying one, everyone is free to come smoke with me (its not drugs)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Barz)
    Ok well iv replied to my choices via ucas should be able to set my accomodation soon. WHATS THE BEST PLACE TO TRY AND GET ACCOMODATION?

my friend who is at his 2nd year at uni said to either choose from Newark or victoria halls but when i rung up about these the woman said they were quite popular and might all be taken but we will see maybe someone has dropped out

what campus is everyone staying on??

btw who smokes shisha? I may be bringing/buying one, everyone is free to come smoke with me (its not drugs)

what is it then?

ReputationRep:
    basically. Its an old middle eastern cigarette lol. But instead of tocabbo and nicotine n all that tar n chemical crap you get from normal cigarettes its just flavoursed tobacco (the tobacco or mosalles as its called is dipped in syrupy stuff) its very nice and is a very sociable thing.

You can get all kinds of flavors from apple to cola to cofee! although i wouldnt have coffee but you get the idea. Its just a relaxing thing to do. not harmful really and leaves a nice smell

ReputationRep:
    Hi WARNING RE LIBERTY PARK
    My son has been in Liberty Park since last Sept. and he has just moved out. Before he moved I helped him clean his flat and communal areas thoroughly because his flat mates had gone home and left him with everything. This was on the Sunday. He then had his inspection on the Monday and Liberty are very very picky. They have charged for every little thing.
    Each year they change the mattresses and paint the walls, no wonder they can afford to do this because they found a very small scuff mark on a wall so 30 quid from the deposit, another on the ceiling so 50 quid. Very small mark on the mattress 80. All in all we only got 31 pounds back. The flat was spotless. I even bought a new bin and dust pan. I now wish I had written off the deposit and not sepnt the money on cleaning especially the petrol for a 5 hour round trip.
    So be warned. If you live in the flat and there is ANY wear and tear you will be charged. DO NOT accept what they say, argue about everything and refuse to sign the documant at the end of your inspection because once you do they have got you.
    Both mys son and myself have learned our lesson. Check and mark down everyhting, including the ceiling and when you move out get a paint pot that matches and cover up any marks and no matter what you do keep the mattress covered. Sweat marks etc are charged for even though they simply dump the mattress anyway.

What a way to make money from students....and their families. So out of pocket with one deposit and another to find for next year.

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.